cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a feature that allows monitoring of individual speaking times in real-time?

JaeungChoi
Listener

Hello, I've been effectively utilizing Zoom for meetings.

To conduct meetings more efficiently, I need a way to monitor in real time who speaks and for how long during the meeting.

Given that Zoom has the functionality to focus on the speaker, it seems plausible that there could also be a feature to track speaking time. Is there already such a feature available, or is there any plan to develop it in the future?

I want to enable meeting participants to see how many minutes they and others have used for speaking, allowing them to adjust their own speaking time accordingly.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer

Zoom has meeting timers for time remaining and meeting duration, but not speaker time. If you have speakers using blocks of time you can show a countdown timer by using OBS Studio mixed with your webcam or use OBS Studio on a separate computer to show as a separate webcam. If you are trying to track constantly switching speakers total time this is very complex and is possible on a limited basis using some very complex and expensive tools.

View solution in original post

Frank_TB

Hello,

one approach:

Join the meeting from an additional computer (let’s call it the Timer computer)

Use a timer app like https://stagetimer.io/features/ 

On the Timer computer  use a virtual camera to screen share the video of this timer app in the meeting. Reset or adjust timer as needed during meeting.

Depending on how many people are in the meeting raise the timer computer hand so it’s near the top of the gallery or make it the host.

This will work better if your participants are using dual monitor mode.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

storyhub

Zoom has meeting timers for time remaining and meeting duration, but not speaker time. If you have speakers using blocks of time you can show a countdown timer by using OBS Studio mixed with your webcam or use OBS Studio on a separate computer to show as a separate webcam. If you are trying to track constantly switching speakers total time this is very complex and is possible on a limited basis using some very complex and expensive tools.

Frank_TB

Hello,

one approach:

Join the meeting from an additional computer (let’s call it the Timer computer)

Use a timer app like https://stagetimer.io/features/ 

On the Timer computer  use a virtual camera to screen share the video of this timer app in the meeting. Reset or adjust timer as needed during meeting.

Depending on how many people are in the meeting raise the timer computer hand so it’s near the top of the gallery or make it the host.

This will work better if your participants are using dual monitor mode.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

storyhub

You may also want to consider this app https://marketplace.zoom.us/apps/lmZj36WWSJut8-hAaUJrhQ