cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Zoom Meeting into Outlook

cblumer
Listener

I use Outlook for work. I am on a Macbook with the new Outlook application. When I schedule a meeting in Zoom, it opens Outlook so I can invite people to the meeting, however, I get the following error message within Outlook.

"There was an issue and your file(s) cannot be imported."

I can't actually send an invite to people so no one can accept/deny the invite. I have to copy and paste the meeting into an email. This also causes an issue as it does not sync on anyone's calendar. Does anyone else have this issue? Is this a Zoom problem or an Outlook issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

erik64
Listener

I had exactly the same issue and for me it appeared after switching from Old Outlook to New Outlook. When I unclicked New Outlook (under the Outlook drop-down menu, see screenshot) it started working again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jasonovich85
Listener

Hi cblumer 

Ive had the same problem and no fixes for this anywhere. I get the same message, and its not like one can download the .ics file to import. I think its a zoom problem and waiting for fixes / advice...

HollowMan19xx
Listener

Same here. I have to make all Zoom meetings on my phone for now. Running Outlook on a new Macbook Air.

erik64
Listener

I had exactly the same issue and for me it appeared after switching from Old Outlook to New Outlook. When I unclicked New Outlook (under the Outlook drop-down menu, see screenshot) it started working again.

I was able to solve this problem as well by switching from New Outlook to Legacy Outlook.

annetteterry8
Listener

+1 for this issue. Really annoying. Seems like we are being penalised for using the new Outlook for Mac which MS reforming us to use. Very frustrating. Anyone found a solution?