cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add a co-host before a meeting starts?

tmastropoalo
Listener

12 REPLIES 12

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

It is not possible to add a co-host before a meeting, as this is set within an active meeting. 

If you set someone as the Alternative-host and co-hosting is enabled, then when the host joins, the alternative host will be demoted from Host to Co-host. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

bonzellmedia
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Great...now how to you do it? For these "help" forums to work, please provide the steps for the solution, not just "it can be done." Obviously, we can't figure out how it is done, which is why the question has been asked.

How do I setup a co-host during a meeting?

tmastropoalo
Listener

So, if a meeting has already been scheduled, then you cannot change that meeting to add an alternate host?  A conflict arose for a meeting I've scheduled next week.  I would like to make my co-worker, my co-host.  So, what you are saying is that I cannot do this before the meeting starts?

Bort

You certainly can edit the meeting an add an alternative host. Setting your co-worker as the Alternative host will allow them to start that meeting as if they were the host, giving them full host controls in that meeting. 

I have created and scheduled multiple webinars for a training.  I need to now add the alternative hosts as I will not be attending the webinars.  I found how to add panelists but do not see an option for adding an alternate host.  If you don't add the alternate host when creating the webinar can you come back later and add them?

bonzellmedia
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Can you share "how" to do it?

tmastropoalo
Listener

It is a c-level meeting and i do not want to have to redo it; so there are no other ways this can be done?

tmastropoalo
Listener

Great -- can you show me how to edit the meeting?

Marta12
Listener

Hi, 

I was able to add an alternate host to the meeting before it started. I know Zoom isn't configured the same way for everyone and not everyone uses Outlook, but here's what I did.

1. Open the meeting in Outlook.
  2. In Settings, scroll down to Advanced Options.
  3. Scroll down to Alternate Host and appoint someone.

Polm
Listener

If during a meeting I select 'change host' do I still control over admitting people - ie am I then the a co-host? I dont see an option for co-host, only change host.

autumn5
Listener

I have tried to follow the instructions for adding a co-host or setting up an alternative host by starting a meeting, then clicking on the left navigation for ADVANCED.  Nothing there about alternative host. Do you need a premium plan to have an alternative host set up before the meeting?