cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hybrid interpretation set-up (Dante/Zoom)

Mejnour
Listener

Hello,

We developping a hybrid meeting set-up with interpretation (onsite/zoom). 
We have a question about interpretation.  According to my reading you have to assign the interpretation role in Zoom to a attendee. 

Since we already have local interpreter over our Dante network, we will like to know if there is a way as a Host of the Zoom meeting, to attribute interpretation feed to some kind of "bot attendee"?  I don't know if it's even achievable, but that would be neat!

Any idea are welcome!

Mejnour

2 REPLIES 2

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

There are a variety of ways to automate this, although none are particularly simple.

For Zoom's native interpretation functionality, a designated connection/participant must be used at this time. Yes, there are AI notetaking apps that have managed to add 'bot' participants automatically, but I have not seen something like this for interpretation.

The 'participant', however, can be a service account living on a VM or small-form-factor computer that can hit your Dante network. A script can be written to either have the service account join a given Zoom meeting or answer all incoming Zoom meetings automatically. All you will need to do use a 'microphone' input on that machine that can receive the routed Dante audio from your interpreter. You can use Dante Virtual Soundcard (software), Dante Via (software), or a small Dante AVIO USB device (hardware) to accomplish this most cost-effectively.

You'd then use a similar approach for the output and route Zoom's outgoing audio back to the interpreter over Dante.

You could/should also set up remote access for the VM or small computer if in-meeting changes are required.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Mejnour!

Please mark @bstrelko  reply as an Accepted Solution if it answers your question. If you need further assistance, please let us know. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?