cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide participants' faces during screen sharing

gregbb
Listener

During a live screen sharing session (recorded meeting) I noticed that participants' faces are shown in the little box at the upper right. As the goal of the meeting is to take screenshots of the software being demonstrated, I would very much like this box in the upper right corner to disappear.

At the beginning of the meeting I dragged this box off to another screen but was dismayed to see that in the recording it is shown during the entirety of the screen sharing session. 

Is there any way to switch off this box entirely, so that when a participant is sharing their screen, we don't see the box floating in the corner in the recording. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @gregbb, thank you for posting for the first time, and welcome to the Zoom Community!

To capture only the screen or window that is being shared during a cloud recording, with no view of any participants’ video,

cloud-recording-shared-screen.png

The host must have the following cloud recording settings configuration before the meeting starts:

• Enable the Record active speaker with shared screen, Record gallery view with shared screen, and/or Shared Screen (sub-setting under Record active speaker, gallery view and shared screen separately) settings.
  • Disable the Record thumbnails when sharing setting.

For local recording, the participant who is recording has to have the Record video during screen sharing client setting disabled.

For more information: Recording layouts

I hope this helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @gregbb, thank you for posting for the first time, and welcome to the Zoom Community!

To capture only the screen or window that is being shared during a cloud recording, with no view of any participants’ video,

cloud-recording-shared-screen.png

The host must have the following cloud recording settings configuration before the meeting starts:

• Enable the Record active speaker with shared screen, Record gallery view with shared screen, and/or Shared Screen (sub-setting under Record active speaker, gallery view and shared screen separately) settings.
  • Disable the Record thumbnails when sharing setting.

For local recording, the participant who is recording has to have the Record video during screen sharing client setting disabled.

For more information: Recording layouts

I hope this helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

gregbb
Listener

Thanks for your reply. One question: you recommend enabling "Record active speaker with shared screen," "Record gallery view with shared screen," and "Record active speaker, gallery view and shared screen separately". Enabling the latter setting also automatically enables "Active speaker," "Gallery view," and "Shared screen." 

To be clear, I only want to see the screen being shared in the recordings + participants voices. I do not want any other information being displayed - like participants' faces and names, as these disrupt screenshots.

So when I activate the above recommended settings, wouldn't this cause names & faces to be still be shown? Thanks

gregbb
Listener

To follow up, I'm assuming that the above settings you recommend to disable the gallery box with participants' faces at the top right during screen share recordings also applies for when a participant shares their screen during my meeting. Can you please confirm this will be the case? Thanks