cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to decline an invitation to add my account to someone else's?

BradfordJ
Listener

I received an invitation to add my Zoom account to someone's paid account. I want to know how to decline the invitation.

There isn't an option to decline in the email; only a button to accept. (If I click on the accept button will I be taken to a web page where I still have the option to decline?)

(I want to decline because I would rather start a new Zoom account under a different email.)

I mentioned to the pro account holder that I wanted to merge my new account with them. They agreed, but asked me to decline the original request to my original account.

How should we proceed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

In this case, there is no decline option. You simply have to ignore or delete the email. 

The account owner that sent the invite can delete the invite from their end in the web portal. On the Users page of User Management, they can select the Pending tab. There they can find and delete the invite they created for you. 

Once that is done, they can invite you to the account again, just with the email address of your choosing. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bort

In this case, there is no decline option. You simply have to ignore or delete the email. 

The account owner that sent the invite can delete the invite from their end in the web portal. On the Users page of User Management, they can select the Pending tab. There they can find and delete the invite they created for you. 

Once that is done, they can invite you to the account again, just with the email address of your choosing. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

BradfordJ
Listener

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I appreciate your help.