cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host unable to share screen while participants are able to share their screens.

PrismaFamilies
Listener

Hello,

We're having trouble with one of our hosts being unable to share their screen during meetings.

From the host:
"When I share, it shares my screen, freezes me, puts a refresh-spinning blue circle for my cursor, then signs me out and back into zoom and unshared what I was trying to share- all within a 60-second time period. I uninstalled and reinstalled zoom last week as well as cleared my cache."

We have all of our Account, Group, and User settings configured the same way:

• one participant shares at a time
  • all participants can share
  • only the host can start sharing when someone else is sharing

Also of note, this host - along with ~30 others who do not experience this problem - has their meetings scheduled for them (all done via an Admin account - the same one as this community post is being made by.)

User.pngAccount.pngGroup.png

I was hopeful that this would provide a solution:

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Host-Screen-Share-Not-Working-while-participants-screen-share...

But it did not.

From the host:
"When I share, it shares my screen, freezes me, puts a refresh-spinning blue circle for my cursor, then signs me out and back into zoom and unshared what I was trying to share- all within a 60-second time period. I uninstalled and reinstalled zoom last week as well as cleared my cache."

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PrismaFamilies
Listener

Turns out the host had the 32-bit version of the Zoom app installed and needed the 64-bit, all good now 🙂 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

PrismaFamilies
Listener

Turns out the host had the 32-bit version of the Zoom app installed and needed the 64-bit, all good now 🙂 

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Wow, @PrismaFamilies!  Good troubleshooting, and thanks for coming back and posting the solution!!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !