cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host Screen Share Not Working, while participants screen share works in same meeting

MariaZ00ming
Listener

Hi 

I have a zoom meeting license since May 2021.   As of my last update on Sunday December 28, 2021, my ability to screen share as host of the meeting, is not working.  It works fine for meeting participants.  I've rechecked all of my settings and can't find the reason why it's not working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes I uninstalled then reinstalled my zoom application on my desktop.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Jsheldon
Listener

did you get this issue solve?

Yes I uninstalled then reinstalled my zoom application on my desktop.

This is for helping others. I found that I had by mistake updated my setting incorrectly. In case you are unable to share screen when other participants join in,

go to your General Settings ....In Meetings(Basic ) ....screen sharing....and check   option 

Disable desktop screen sharing for meetings you host

and 

Disable screen sharing when guests are in the meeting 
Make sure these are disabled else you will not be able to share your screen guests join in. 

sarikabhargava
Listener

I am facing the same problem for the last 2 months. When I start the meeting , I get the screen sharing icon and it works. But when other participants join in, I get an error message. I am also not able to share my screen as a participant. I have been using zoom for the last 2 years  on the same laptop but did not face the problem earlier.

This is for helping others. I found that I had by mistake updated my setting incorrectly. In case you are unable to share screen when other participants join in,

go to your General Settings ....In Meetings(Basic ) ....screen sharing....and check   option 

Disable desktop screen sharing for meetings you host

and 

Disable screen sharing when guests are in the meeting 
Make sure these are disabled else you will not be able to share your screen guests join in. 

If you check the accept as solutions on your post

, others on the community will benefit from your post.