Having a lot of trouble updating zoom. Keep getting error code 10004

mgoldax2023
Listener

Having a lot of trouble updating zoom. Keep getting error code 10004

5 REPLIES 5

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @mgoldax2023 welcome to the community! Have you looked into the suggested troubleshooting steps from the KB on Zoom error code 1004?

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @awarsoca @mgoldax2023 gotcha! Lets try this.. 

• Please go to Privacy & Security   —> full disk access —> Installer and then enable Privacy & Security   -> Files and Folders —> Installer—>Downloads folder.
  • After enabling these options please reboot your device and try installing the Zoom desktop client app again.

Note:
If the installer is not seen at the above location, please add it manually by going to Finder > Go > Go to  Folder...- key in /System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app and then add the installer once the option is listed.

RN_1-1691605730378.png

There are also a couple of discussions around this with some troubleshooting content with some success! 

Hope this helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

@RN   That helped.   I had to make a little change:

I did this instead 
  • Please go to Privacy & Security   —> full disk access —> enable us.Zoom.
  • After enabling these options please reboot your device and try installing the Zoom desktop client app again.

Rebooted and tried the pkg in download.  I tried to enable all users but it failed (probably IT admin lockdown).  I then went to finder, go (as above) and navigated as it was shown.  went to the pkg in downloads and installed for myself only and I am good go with Zoom.

awarsoca
Listener

hey @RN 

I tried that and I also tried to uninstall and reinstall from a fresh download.  MacOS won't install the update nor will it install the new download

mltolle
Listener

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/5719888320269-Zoom-error-code-10004 

I followed this and it seems to have worked.  I know it might not for everyone.