cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group HD Video

Musaib
Listener

Hi,

We are trying to achieve HD (720p or 1080p) webcam video resolution for meetings and webinars. I have enabled the option for users, for groups, and also in the admin's account as we have a Business license. After completing all the settings, we still do not receive an HD feed. I am attaching a screenshot of my settings. Any help would be much appreciated.

Musaib_0-1708705399157.png

5 REPLIES 5

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer

Besides the settings you also must set the meeting window on Zoom desktop client to full-screen. Please read everything at https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0066166. Since many users do not set the meeting window to full-screen and often view participants, including the host, in gallery mode they will not notice the difference between 360P and 720P. If you absolutely need the host in 720P you can screen share the host camera. That will deliver 720P full-screen to all participants. Accounts that meet all other HD video prerequisites can also request 720p or 1080p feeds for webinar attendees. This feature must be enabled by Zoom. For 1080P you must make a request to Zoom to enable that feature. For any other capability you need to describe what you are trying to achieve in detail.

I have set the meeting window to full screen as the host, and participants are also setting it to full screen, but still no luck. The video I am receiving and sending is still in 360p resolution.

storyhub

Did you try the second option I provided?

You never stated why you need HD video for participant and host cameras. Most uses will never see a difference. You will need a proper justification to request HD from Zoom. My enterprise accounts work fine with 720P HD. My pro account only shows 720P HD with 2 participants unless I use the second option.

I'm already aware of the second option, but when there are multiple presenters who need to be on speaker view, it doesn't really help. Mostly, we have to set up meetings for board members and the CEO. We cannot ask them to screen share their camera when there's an option to enhance the webcam resolution to HD or FHD.

Regarding why we need HD video - most of the time, we have to record these webinars and meetings to post on YouTube and other social media platforms. If we're receiving the feed in standard quality (360P), then it's obvious that full-screen speaker view recordings will be done in 360P, and the recorded video quality won't look good. That's why we need HD video for participant and host cameras. Apart from this, we're not even getting 720P HD with two participants on the business account. I just wanted to check if I'm not missing anything before reaching out to Zoom. Thank you for all your help.

storyhub

"If we're receiving the feed in standard quality (360P), then it's obvious that full-screen speaker view recordings will be done in 360P, and the recorded video quality won't look good" (this is not exactly true). If you screen shared a graphic then start the recording then stop the screen share the recording will continue as 720P even with the webcam at 360P.

I would strongly suggest you reach out to Zoom and request they activate 720P for your account.