cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending and restarting a meeting with the same link

ChristieLynn
Listener

Hello,

I have an issue that is due to my own mistake and not double checking which account I was signed into but I am hoping there is a way to fix this issue if it happens again in the future...

I am the Executive Assistant at the company I work for and my Zoom account was added as a licensed user on my Boss's Zoom account. So for each scheduled meeting I am marked as an Alternative Host which works great when I select the link while signed into my own login. However, sometimes I have to sign into my boss's account for certain tasks; if I don't sign out and log back into my account before starting a meeting it will automatically sign me into his account and I have to run it has him which then makes him unable to join the meeting.

How do I "end the meeting" and/or "sign into my own account" without making the link an issue for others to join afterwards, as this was the issue I ran into twice now? (I ended the meeting and logged out of his account, then signed into my account, and then selected the link again and had issues where no one else could sign in with that link besides myself, so we had to use a whole different account and link to have the event.)

Please help! I tried to look this issue up already here but did not find the answers that I needed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

One workaround would be to enable the "Allow Participants to Join Before Host" function.

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0060501

With this enabled, you could choose to 'leave' rather than 'end' a meeting when host, as a host is not required to be present in order for a meeting to take place. You could then sign back in on the correct account and join the meeting from there.

You also always have the option to temporarily delegate host/co-host access to another user, leave the meeting, and then rejoin and reclaim the host role.

There are pros/cons to both methods.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

bstrelko

One workaround would be to enable the "Allow Participants to Join Before Host" function.

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0060501

With this enabled, you could choose to 'leave' rather than 'end' a meeting when host, as a host is not required to be present in order for a meeting to take place. You could then sign back in on the correct account and join the meeting from there.

You also always have the option to temporarily delegate host/co-host access to another user, leave the meeting, and then rejoin and reclaim the host role.

There are pros/cons to both methods.

This is great! Thank you! We have decided to not allow participants to join before the host but the idea of assigning a temporary Co-host is a great idea and something I had not thought about yet. I appreciate the advice!