cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early joiners

Peebles
Listener

If someone joins a meeting before I, as the host, start the meeting, I receive an email to say that they have joined, as expected. However, when I then start the meeting, either in the app or by clicking the link in the notification email, I can't find a way to admit them to the meeting.

As a work around, I've had to contact attendees and ask them to end their session and then rejoin, once I've started the meeting.

Am I missing something here?

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Peebles.

You are probably missing a nuance or two of Zoom Meeting settings. The interaction of some settings can take some time to understand. 

First, most often when someone joins early and sees the room empty, they leave the meeting and come back later. So where you Join a free minutes later, there’s nobody there. 

Secondly, if you have Join before host and Waiting Room enabled, participants will not be able to enter the meeting without it being started by the Host. So if you’re getting these notices that someone has entered, I’m pretty sure you don’t have Waiting Room enabled in the Meeting setup. 

If this is a frequent occurrence and a problem for you, turn off Join before Host on your Meetings, or at least set the allowable time to 5 minutes, instead of a longer time.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !