cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Co-host need a paid license to share a video over 40 minutes length if Host has a paid license?

EdAThomas
Listener

I have been participating in a weekly zoom meeting for the last couple of years.  The Host has a paid license.  Recently, he ask me to share a video each week with the group.  The videos which are on my laptop run about an hour in length.  I have a free license.  The Host makes me a Co-Host.  We usually have discussion for about 30 minutes before I start sharing my screen to show the video.  After a few minutes, into the screen sharing, zoom drops my screen share for the entire group and/or completely kicks me out of the meeting requiring me to log back in.

I have tried different internet providers, different devices, etc.  But, I can't seem to screen share after some point in the meeting.  That point is suspiciously close to the 40 minute limitation on a free account for hosting.  Do I have to have a paid license, in order to Screen Share as the Co-Host for more than 40 minutes?  

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @EdAThomas.

The time limitation is based entirely on the meeting owner's account.  Are you sure that account is a Licensed (paid) account?  You should still be able to screen share for the entire duration of the meeting, if that meeting is owned by a Licensed user.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thank You Ray.  Your comment was exactly what I thought also.  Tonight.  We determined that the problem had nothing to do with being the co-host.  Unfortunately, we are still having problems.  It seems to be related to Screen Sharing a Video.  Tonight, we had the Host Screen Share the Video and for two participants, Zoom kept dropping them, restarting the Zoom session, etc.  Once, Screen Sharing stopped, then the participants were no longer dropped.

Thanks for your response.

Ray_Harwood

Thanks for the update, Ed. In my experience, this is very much an unusual occurrence. I’d recommend sending in a Support Ticket with as much information as you can provide, including:

• Device type, operating system, and Zoom version of the Screen Sharer, and if possible, the people dropped.
  • Type of screen share – a full screen device, a specific application window, or other advanced sharing object. Any additional details will help.
  • The Meeting ID(s) where this occurred, and approximate time of occurrence.
  • Indicate if you have successfully tested screen sharing under other circumstances

Sign into the Zoom Web Portal and then submit Support Ticket here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new 

I’ll also send you a private message. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !