Introducing the new Zoom Community Champion Program where we recognize our most engaged community members for their contributions.

Learn more and join
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Name Wrong

imsosarah
Listener

Every time i log in my display name is wrong and there is no "display name" setting that I can find anywhere anymore.   Everything in my profile and on the account is correct. 

3 REPLIES 3

cubuffs27
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Make sure you are clicking Edit to the right of your name on your Profile...this then opens up another page with more options...one of them is Display Name.

The display name there is showing correctly.  When I am on a zoom call it is pulling something else. 

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

@imsosarah – this Zoom Support article has some information on setting the display name.

Something else I have seen – not very often, but it happens – is that the Zoom client app on Windows or Mac is logged into a different account than your web browser (on Zoom.us). Check to be sure they are logged into the same account.

Also note that if you are using an invitation you received  as the result of registering for an event, the name you used when registering will generally override the display name on the account you’re logged in as. If any of these situations apply, locate your entry on the participant window, right click and pick the Rename menu — you can change your display name there, but only for the current session. 

Ray - GoodClix.com / BusinessIsZooming! Podcast / aka "Old Desert Lizard"
Please mark solutions that helped you !