cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected or freezing up during meeting

Blitz_burgh2023
Listener

I use a samsung chromebook and lately my screen either freezes up or becomes disconnected during my meetings.

3 REPLIES 3

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Blitz_burgh2023, thank you for posting for the first time, and welcome to the Zoom Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Samsung Chromebook during Zoom meetings. Screen freezes and disconnections can be frustrating, but we can try some troubleshooting steps to address the problem. Here's how you can approach this:

1. Check your internet connection: Unstable or slow internet can cause screen freezes and disconnections. Ensure that your Chromebook is connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network with a strong signal. Consider moving closer to your Wi-Fi router or using a wired Ethernet connection if possible.
  2. Close unnecessary applications and tabs: Having too many applications or browser tabs open can consume system resources and impact performance. Before starting a Zoom meeting, close any unnecessary applications and tabs to free up resources.

3. Update Chrome OS: Make sure your Chromebook's operating system is up to date. Updates often include bug fixes and improvements that could resolve compatibility issues.

4. Update Zoom app: Check for updates for the Zoom app on your Chromebook. Keeping the Zoom app up to date can help ensure you have the latest improvements and fixes.

5. Restart your Chromebook: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary glitches and improve system performance.

I hope these steps help improve your Zoom meeting experience on your Samsung Chromebook. If you need additional help, let me know!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I have the same issue and have do e all of the recommended steps but glitching and freezing still happens

So like the previous message said. What if all those things u listed have been tried & still have constant disconnections when using Zoom?