cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable flashing active speaker green rectangle

bluebird4
Listener

Is there any way possible to disable the flashing green rectangle that indicates the active speaker? I have a visual impairment that makes it hard to focus my eyes on flashing lights. I have tried gallery and speaker view, pinning the speaker, etc., but I can't find anyway around minimizing flashing light on the screen. I've been opening four browser windows to arrange over the edges of a pinned person's video to cover the flashing rectangle, but it is very hard to stay engaged on calls when I can't see everyone, and I have to continuously cover the zoom window with the four browser windows each time I need to mute/unmute or click something else on the zoom window.  I know accessibility for all disabilities is not always possible, but this should be a simple setting to turn off. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @bluebird4.

I've thoroughly checked various options, and I don't think it's currently possible to do that.  Please consider creating a Feedback Report to Zoom developers asking for this setting to be controlled from the Accessibility or Video tabs of the Settings window.  Encourage others to make the same request!

Submit feature requests and other product feedback according to the process described here:
https://www.zoom.us/feed
If you do not see the Give Feedback tab, follow the process indicated to enable the feedback feature on your account.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @bluebird4.

I've thoroughly checked various options, and I don't think it's currently possible to do that.  Please consider creating a Feedback Report to Zoom developers asking for this setting to be controlled from the Accessibility or Video tabs of the Settings window.  Encourage others to make the same request!

Submit feature requests and other product feedback according to the process described here:
https://www.zoom.us/feed
If you do not see the Give Feedback tab, follow the process indicated to enable the feedback feature on your account.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

bluebird4
Listener

Thank you! I submitted feedback and asked my spouse to do the same. I appreciate the advice.