cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer Audio not showing up

NancyH1
Listener

I installed the zoom plug in on my personal desktop so I would be able to access zoom in my company's cloud desktop.  I am missing Computer Audio that is located in the Share Screen in the Advance tab. (see attachment) 

4 REPLIES 4

ZoomerIT
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @NancyH1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Community! Can you please verify that the setting "Disable Desktop Screen sharing for Meetings You Host" is toggled off? If the setting is toggeld on, you will have very limited sharing capabilities including the Computer Audio option.

You can find this setting by logging in to your account at zoom.us/signin > Settings > In-Meeting (Basic) >"Disable Desktop Screen sharing for Meetings You Host". Once toggled on, please sign out of your desktop client > sign back in > and retest.

Thank you!

hello, thank you for responding!  I followed the steps, and it did not work 😣 (see attachment)

ZoomerIT

Hi @NancyH1,

I apologize as when I read back through my initial response, I flipped the "off" and "on" wording. Please make sure that the setting of "Disable Desktop Screen sharing for Meetings You Host" is turned off in both your Personal Settings as well as the Account Management > Account Settings. In the screenshot provided, the setting is toggled on instead of off.

ZoomerIT_1-1667310673267.png

This issue could also be stemming from what device/application you are using such as a Chromebook running ChromeOS for Zoom as this functionality would not be supported. Please see the article below that goes into more detail in regards to this.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360027397692-Desktop-client-mobile-app-web-client-and-PWA-...

Thanks!

I am not using a Chromebook...either way toggled on or off it is still not showing up. The IT at my company is saying the plug in update disabled the feature and there is nothing that they can do to enable the feature to come back on. I had it before..I did an update on Thursday 10/27 because I got an email that it had to be done before 11/4 on our BYOD that access the cloud desktop. After that update it was gone.