cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co-Host Assignment

SisMaryCatina
Listener

When I assign a co-host to a specific meeting, it adds that person as a co-host to EVERY meeting on my list.  That person will get zoom co-host emails for meetings that they are not involved in.  How can I assign a co-host to one specific meeting and not have them as a part of every meeting on my schedule?

7 REPLIES 7

PatriciaL
Listener

This might happen if your meeting is a recurring meeting vs a stand alone.  - just a thought

Good morning!  It is not a recurring meeting.  It is a stand alone.  When I add the alternative host to the stand alone meeting, she becomes the alternative host for every other zoom on my list.  I only need her for that one meeting though.

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @SisMaryCatina.

There's some confusing terminology here.  You can't assign a Co-Host before a meeting starts... the Co-Host designation has to be done by the Host of the meeting during the meeting.

Are you referring to Alt-Host?  An Alt-Host has privilege to start a meeting on behalf of the meeting owner and becomes the meeting Host.

If you have set up what is referred to as Scheduling Privilege, then whenever that person joins one of your meetings, they do in fact become a Co-Host.

Also, as @PatriciaL mentioned, if you set an Alt-Host for a recurring meeting this would affect all occurrences of that meeting. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362803-Using-scheduling-privilege

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208220166-Designating-an-alternative-host

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Good morning!  I apologize about the terminology. Maybe I can help clear it up.  August 25th I have a Division Meeting zoom scheduled.  I need my friend CJW to start the meeting (just this meeting) for me because I will be out of town.  I add her as an alternative host and she receives the email stating that she is an alternative host for the August 25th meeting.  However, she also becomes alternative host on every other meeting that I have on my list and gets all the emails and notifications for the meetings that I don't need her for.  I just need her to be the alternative host for that one meeting.  Is there a way to just assign her as alternative host for one meeting only?  These are not recurring meetings, but all separately scheduled meetings.  

Ray_Harwood

This is certainly unusual! My only thought is that you might not have this turned off in your settings:

Ray_Harwood_0-1692892498567.png

If you have this setting on, then I can see where Zoom might assign your friend as Alt-Host to all meetings with that Meeting ID. Turning that off will not impact your existing meetings, but it will cause future created meetings to have individual, distinct Meetings IDs. The downside is that if you’ve been having everyone join the PMI Meeting ID so you don’t have to send out the Join links, you’ll have to start sending them the individual Meeting IDs or Join links for the future. This is the way most people handle their meeting invitations – but some people do like the simplicity of one coming Meeting ID for all meetings. 

Take a look at your settings and let me know if this is the case. 

There are alternatives to Alt Host I can suggest as well. Let me know if you’d like that info. 

jmdnp
Listener

I am having same issue as the original poster.   Is there a way to just assign someone as an alternative host to just one (not recurring) meeting?  Is it just a matter of not using your personal ID for the meeting?  Thans! 

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @jmdnp.

While the Zoom Support article on Alternative Hosts doesn't mention it as a restriction, I do find that the Alternative Host selection is not available when editing one's Personal Meeting Room.  It is also not available for individual recurring meetings, but can be specified for the complete series.