cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat history

zakratis2
Listener

How the users from outside of my organization could see the chat history from previous meetings? Is it possible to activate this feature in my account settings (with license) ?

8 REPLIES 8

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @zakratis2 are you referring to Creating and using continuous meeting chat after a meeting has ended? 

External participants who are added to the invite are not automatically added to your meeting group chat. They can still participate in the meeting chat and see chat history from the moment they join, but they won’t see the history of the chat prior to them joining or after the meeting ends. The host can manually add them at any time if their account allows external participants to join chats.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

tessie711
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi RN,

Do you know why you no longer have an option to copy chat as the host in Zoom chat?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @tessie711 interesting. I just started an instant meeting from my Zoom desktop client and as the host I am able to do the following within in-meeting chat (this differs from continuous meeting chat feature that carries over into team chat)

Currently running Zoom desktop client version 5.16.5 

Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 2.29.08 PM.png

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

tessie711
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi thanks for the info, I tried that too but i updated to  5.16.6, and I dont see that option, even if I highlight the chat

tessie711
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi here is screen shot, all I get is an option to delete

tessie711_0-1698868687018.png

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @tessie711 gotcha - totally forgot about this web portal setting!

If you go to https://zoom.us/profile/setting > Meeting Tab > search 'meeting chat' the setting "Allow users to save chats from the meeting" maybe un-checked.

Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 3.08.43 PM.png

Check the setting, and re-try within another test meeting, you should be able to copy in-meeting chats 🙂 

Note that you also have options with that setting checked of who can 'save' in-meeting chats.  

Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 3.10.59 PM.png

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

tessie711
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

THANK YOU You are awesome!!!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Yay @tessie711! Glad I was able to get that resolved for you! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his