cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with screen sharing

paulcrsm
Listener

One of my students is having a problem when I screenshare.  I'm sharing a slide set and one student's screen is not getting refreshed.  His view is about 4 or 5 slides back.  After a long period of time (10 - 15 minutes), his screen view finally catches up.  He is using an iPhone 7 and he said that he doesn't update his OS all the time because it has caused problems in the past.  I would imagine if I stopped sharing and reshared, that it might fix it for him, but I don't want to have to do this after each slide.  Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi paulcrsm,

The very slow screen refresh may have several causes.

Slow network connection.  Suggest running ookla speed test on iphone.

The bandwidth used by Zoom will be optimized for the best experience based on the participants’ network. The app will automatically adjust for 3/4/5G or WiFi networks.

Recommended bandwidth over WiFi:

For high-quality video: 1.0 Mbps/600kbps (up/down)

For 720p HD video: 2.6 Mbps/1.8 Mbps (up/down)

For 1080p HD video: 3.8 Mbps/3.0 Mbps (up/down)

For gallery view receiving: 2.0 Mbps (25 views), 4.0 Mbps (49 views)

Other applications running at the same time consuming iphone resources.  Suggest ending other applications.  This iphone came out in 2016 and may have limited memory and processor speed.

Old ios version not meeting zoom requirements.  What ios version does your student have?  Zoom requires iOS 13.0 or later.

Zoom system requirements: iOS, iPadOS, and Android

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0061734

according to apple, The most recent ios available for Iphone 7 is ios 15.5.

https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/supported-models-iphe3fa5df43/15.0/ios/15.0

does the student have access to some other computer such as a windows pc?

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

marciaherrin
Listener

I just had a similar problem with screenshare. I wasn't the host, but the host was screen sharing and then I it was like screen sharing was turned off for me. All the other participants could see the screen share. The speaker turned on and off her screen share. I could see the screen share for a couple of minutes and then it was gone. I am on a iMac that is fully uptodate. I participate in a lot of webinars with screen sharing. This is the first time this is happened to me.