cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use my screen share. My hard drive was replaced recently, would that affect this at all?

SpeakOUT
Listener

I used to share my screen all the time in meetings. Now I can't do it and I've gone through the settings in detail and can't find what it preventing it. Anyone have suggestions for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Great! You're welcome. Please "Accept as Solution" if this resolved your question!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rupert

@SpeakOUT 

Do you see the Share Screen button, able to click on it, or do you get an error?

Are you attending other people's Meetings, or starting your own?

SpeakOUT
Listener

Hi, Rupert,

I can click on the button and the options come up but it no longer shows the open files on my desktop.  I have been sharing my screen for 18 months with no problems.

A box opens that says Allow Zoom to share your screen. Open System Preferences. When I hit that it goes to Security and Privacy in the Screen Recording section.  It doesn't, however, allow me to click on the Zoom icon. 

Rupert

Hi @SpeakOUT 

With the Zoom app totally closed, can you try following these instructions for Security and Privacy in macOS

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360016688031-Using-the-Zoom-client-and-Zoom-Rooms-with-mac...

SpeakOUT
Listener

Excellent! I don't deal with the system preferences enough to know about the lock. Got it added and it's working again. Thanks so much for the assistance!

Rupert

Great! You're welcome. Please "Accept as Solution" if this resolved your question!