cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Access Zoom On Browser or App

swgolde
Listener

As the title indicates, I cannot access Zoom either on my browser (at zoom.us) or through the app.  This issue is only on a single computer, which is hard wired into my modem, and not any other device connected to my home wifi network.  Does not matter which browser is used, and I have cleared cache several times.  In fact, my work even replaced the computer (it's a PC) thinking it was a hardware issue, but even with a new desktop, the issue persists.

To be clear, I cannot even *access* the website zoom.us, though oddly I can get to Zoom support, and even more oddly, can get to ZoomGov.  This issue rather suddenly arose one day midday, and it's extremely frustrating.  It doesn't affect any other similar app (like Teams) and when I did have the Zoom app downloaded, that wouldn't work either.

Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this issue?

9 REPLIES 9

Successwithnita
Listener

Omg its happening to me I have open a support ticket and zoom is not responding I'm just glad I'm not the only one. I can only access zoom on my phone. Its like I'm being punish this happen before this Tuesday and have not been able to get on since. Zoom claims all is peachy but its not of you have pro like I have  your just screwed because you cannot get anyone live and it support ticket  is just been mia to me 

This is happening to me too. One computer can not access the following important websites:  https:/zoom.us, https:/zoom.us/signin,   Https:/zoom.us/support/download, https:/zoom.us/download#client_4meeting.     I was frustrated with this so I reset windows- did not work, so I reinstalled windows 10 to start fresh, but can not download zoom or login!  I used another computer to put the installer on a thumb drive and put the app on my computer but it will not accept my email and password!  Also have tried what you have tried, three different browsers and cleared my cashe and accept all cookies.  The next drastic step would be to reformat my hard drive and reinstall windows again- but would rather not do this B/c afraid will mess something up!!

I am able to access some articles on the zoom website but not the home page, login or download pages. Help!

I may have solved this problem.  For this particular computer I had been connected to the internet by hardwire ethernet cable.  I unplugged the ethernet and connected by WiFi and I have access to the Zoom Websites now!  Not sure why this happened but I have a functional solution now!  

This worked for me as well although I am still trying to connect via ethernet.  Possibly a Windows 11 issue?  I do not believe Zoom is causing if you cannot reach their website.  

Charlotteisabel
Listener

If you have trouble starting Zoom on the desktop or web, joining a meeting, or signing in to your Zoom account, i recommend clearing cache and cookies in your device or in your browser. Clear the cache and cookies from the Google Chrome browser, then relaunching Google Chrome also fixes the issue.

Louise13
Listener

I have a paid up valid Zoom link - I click on it to host my meeting (which I use fairly often) - but today (May 20, 2023) I cannot log into my paid  up Zoom account.

Louise13
Listener

I only have a hard-drive computer (desktop) - and don't have any other devices

Jameswalter
Participant

There are a few reasons why you might be unable to access Zoom on your browser or app. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check your internet connection. Make sure you have a strong and stable internet connection. You can test your connection by visiting a website or running a speed test.
  2. Clear your browser's cache and cookies. Sometimes, old cache and cookies can interfere with websites and apps. To clear your cache and cookies, follow these steps:
    • Open your browser.
    • Click on the three dots in the top right corner of the window.
    • Select "More Tools" and then "Clear browsing data."
    • Select the "Cookies and site data" and "Cache" options.
    • Click on the "Clear data" button.
  3. Update your Zoom app. Zoom regularly releases updates with bug fixes and performance improvements. To check for updates, open the Zoom app and click on the "Help" menu. Then, select "Check for updates."
  4. Restart your computer. Sometimes, a simple restart can fix problems with software and hardware. To restart your computer, hold down the power button for a few seconds until it turns off. Then, turn it back on.
  5. Contact Zoom support. If you've tried all of the above steps and you're still having trouble, you can contact Zoom support for help. You can find the contact information on the Zoom website.