cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pin Chat message

mod71
Listener

I looked up how to pin a chat message and it directs user to hover over message and select pin from ellipse menu. When I try the ellipse menu, the only option that show is "delete". I'm the host.

3 REPLIES 3

Humashankar
Participant

Hi @mod71 

How to pin a message for everyone

Channels with important information that should be read first, such as an important announcement or a frequently asked question, can be pinned in that group chat or channel so that it is immediately visible to everyone in that channel. A portion of the message is displayed at the top of the channel, highlighted in yellow.

Pin a message

• Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
  • Click the Team Chat tab .
  • Find the message you want to pin and hover your cursor over the message.
  • Additional options will appear next to the message.
  • Click the ellipsis icon  and click Pin for Everyone.

The message will be pinned at the top of the chat window for every member of that group chat or channel. Clicking the pinned message will jump to that original message so that it can be read in full.

View the Pin History

As pinned messages are replaced with others, you still may want to view the information of a previously pinned message without having to track down the exact message. Viewing the pinned message history allows you to view all other messages that have been pinned by you and others in the channel.

• Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
  • Find the channel with the pinned messages.
  • In the top-right corner, click More Actions .
  • Click the Pin History section to open that menu.
  • All previous pinned messages will be listed, with the most recent at the top of the list.
  • (Optional) Click any previously pinned messages to jump to that message to read it in full.
  • Messages can be re-pinned if they were unpinned or replaced by mistake.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Huma

Humashankar
Participant

Hi @mod71 

More help guidance can be referenced here - Managing Zoom Team Chat messages - Zoom Support

Huma

DB3
Listener

That is for Team Chat, but what about meeting chat?  Thanks.