cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't actually exit Zoom

screwZoom
Listener

Why does zoom not close out when i hit exit. It just sits in the background after i have used the the one common resource used to close applications. So why does zoom think its special. Why am i forced to right click on the taskbar. It's not that that is difficult, but this is my computer. Who does zoom think it is that it can just continue to go on. And the fact that there isn't a setting to change this just shows how terrible of a company zoom is. Then on top of that i can't even talk to an actual human to try to fix the problem. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer

If by "exit" you mean clicking on the "x" for the window that displays the meetings, then you are correct it does not close the application because it is a second tier window and you would still remain signed in. If the "x" signed out and closed the window any running meeting would still remain running so it still would not close the application because it is a second tier window. That then leaves the "sign-in " window - the main window of the application. If you click the "x" on that window then it will stop any running meeting and close the application, since it is the main window.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

storyhub

If by "exit" you mean clicking on the "x" for the window that displays the meetings, then you are correct it does not close the application because it is a second tier window and you would still remain signed in. If the "x" signed out and closed the window any running meeting would still remain running so it still would not close the application because it is a second tier window. That then leaves the "sign-in " window - the main window of the application. If you click the "x" on that window then it will stop any running meeting and close the application, since it is the main window.