cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer get into my meetings; says app version needs to be updated. I use chrome browser.

costelma
Listener

can no longer get into ANY meetings that I have created.  I just created an important meeting on Friday and this .  I receive a message from ZOOM Cloud Meeting which states:  "Your app. version needs to be 5.12.2 or higher to sign in.  Please contact your IT team to update your app"  I don't have an IT team.  Under my profile picture, I do not have anything in the dropdown that says check for updates.  I have updated everything I know how to update. 

6 REPLIES 6

MBThechampgroup
Listener

I have the same problem. My zoom won't update. Any help?

Jane12
Listener

I have the same problem.  My Zoom won't update. I am the person who originally signed up with Zoom.  I don't have a Zoom IT team, and I'm as close to being the admin as anyone, I would think.  I've been trying to update on my desktop PC Windows Computer for the last 4 days with no luck.   Any help will be appreciated.  ---I've read that I should uninstall Zoom and reinstall it...I have not tried that, yet, since I just read today that course of action didn't help two others.    Help please.  Thank you!

I had to call my IT person and he uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked. So, try that. 

MBThechampgroup
Listener

I had to call my IT person and he uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked. So, try that. 

mmhmoore
Listener

zoom error code 10004 on my macbook pro

several attempts and all failed

important meeting tomorrow

please help

thank you

nagymancs
Listener

i've managed to get mine work so i share:

mine was 5.15.7 something version, yet it insisted i upgrade beyond 5.12
tried install, uninstall, synaptic complete removal, update, uninstall then install from zoom deb package

none worked. synaptic confirmed i had 5.15 latest

someone did mention not recalling whether he installed from flatpak or snap or else, and i remembered: i have snap daemon installed

i googled zoom snap install and was given a single line of snap install of zoom client, and it straight worked

disclaimer though: until a year or so ago i was heavily against snap daemon but had an issue which forced me to install, (my reluctancy came from it being a huge resource hog) so if you have older system with limited/older hardware try exploring the alternate solutions described here first:

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Installing-and-Upgrading-Zoom-desktop-client-on-Linux/m-p/820...

nevertheless the snap version worked straight away
happy zooming