cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakout rooms

annaeast
Listener

Hi,

Does anyone know how to return a participant to their breakout room after they loose connection and have to rejoin the meeting? When I try to do it, the room they were in is not available as an option so I have to move them into a different room first and then move them back into their previous room. Surely there is an easier way of doing this.

Thanks,

Anna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

malaika121
Listener

Hi @annaeast 

Yes, there is an easier way to return a participant to their breakout room after they lose connection and have to rejoin the meeting.

1. Make sure that the participant is back in the main meeting.
  2. Click the Breakout Rooms button.
  3. Click the Manage Participants button.
  4. Find the participant in the list and click the Move to button next to their name.
  5. Select the breakout room that they were in and click the Move button.

The participant will be moved back to their original breakout room.

If the breakout room that the participant was in is no longer available, you can create a new breakout room for them and then move them to that room.

• Here are some additional tips for returning participants to their breakout rooms:
  • If you have a large meeting, you can use the Assign button to manually add the participant to their breakout room. This can be helpful if you are having trouble finding the participant in the list.
  • You can also use the Exchange button to swap the participant with another participant in the same breakout room. This can be helpful if you want to move the participant to a different breakout room without having to create a new room.

If you are using Zoom Rooms, you can use the Move to Breakout Room button on the Zoom Rooms controller to move the participant to their breakout room.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

malaika121
Listener

Hi @annaeast 

Yes, there is an easier way to return a participant to their breakout room after they lose connection and have to rejoin the meeting.

1. Make sure that the participant is back in the main meeting.
  2. Click the Breakout Rooms button.
  3. Click the Manage Participants button.
  4. Find the participant in the list and click the Move to button next to their name.
  5. Select the breakout room that they were in and click the Move button.

The participant will be moved back to their original breakout room.

If the breakout room that the participant was in is no longer available, you can create a new breakout room for them and then move them to that room.

• Here are some additional tips for returning participants to their breakout rooms:
  • If you have a large meeting, you can use the Assign button to manually add the participant to their breakout room. This can be helpful if you are having trouble finding the participant in the list.
  • You can also use the Exchange button to swap the participant with another participant in the same breakout room. This can be helpful if you want to move the participant to a different breakout room without having to create a new room.

If you are using Zoom Rooms, you can use the Move to Breakout Room button on the Zoom Rooms controller to move the participant to their breakout room.

I hope this helps!

Thank you malaika121. Your suggestions have been very helpful. 👏

lforde
Listener

I'd like to ask a question related to participants losing connection after being placed in a breakout room.  Once they are placed in a room, if they lose their connection and have to re-connect, do they go back to the room they were assigned to or do I have to reassign them back to that room manually?