cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakout rooms

SJPretty
Listener

I just installed Zoom on latest IPad Pro and I am the host. It now doesn’t show the option to creat breakout rooms. What happened? Help!

4 REPLIES 4

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @SJPretty, you cannot Manage Breakout Rooms from a iOS or Android, you will need to manage and create breakout rooms from a PC. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@SJPretty yes RN is correct. You can join into a meeting from your iOS device (mobile, tablet) and participate in breakout rooms, but in order to start and manage breakout rooms you will need to be hosting the meeting from Zoom desktop client (Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome). 

Optionally, you could even start/host the meeting from your iPad and then join from Windows or Mac with the Zoom desktop client. You can use your same credentials to sign into both places, not a problem. When you join the meeting from Windows or Mac, you can make yourself a cohost in the meeting from your iPad. Then you can have cohost controls of the Breakout rooms. 

Best bet is probably to just host from your Windows or Mac machine, logged in with the Zoom client. And then if you want to mute the video and audio and just use your iPad for that it would be no issue. 

Hope that helps, here is a support article just in case https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206476313-Managing-Breakout-Rooms

Dan_ZoomSE

Hello @SJPretty;

Per the Prerequisites as detailed on our Support article for Managing Breakout room, this is not possible on the iOS client.  You need to host from the desktop, web client, or a Zoom Room in order to have breakout room capabilities.

Prerequisites for managing breakout rooms

Standard Breakout Rooms

• Breakout rooms enabled
  • Zoom desktop client, or web client
    • Windows: 3.5.31087.1102 or higher
    • macOS: 3.5.31087.1102 or higher
    • Linux: 2.0.81497.1116 or higher
    • Chrome: 2.4.943.510 or higher
  • Zoom Rooms
    • Windows: 5.8.0 (505) or higher
    • macOS: 5.8.0 (4055.0929) or higher
    • Appliances: 5.8.0 (293) or higher
    • iOS controller: 5.8.0 (110.0927) or higher
    • Android controller: 5.8.0 (898) or higher
  •  

Full co-host control over breakout rooms: 

• Zoom desktop client
      • Windows: version 5.4.6 or higher
      • macOS: version 5.4.6 or higher
      • Linux: version 5.4.6 or higher
        Note: Both host and co-host must be on version 5.4.6 or higher for this feature.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206476313-Managing-Breakout-Rooms

If this has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution below to better benefit the rest of the Community.

Thanks!

Is Zoom going to resolve this issue? I am sure that there are many people out there besides myself who have an iPadPro who need to host Zoom meetings and create breakout rooms.