cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio issue

JohnReilly1
Listener

Hi,

I have zoom setup in our boardroom. The quality of the audio coming from the room to remote users is much better using Microsoft Teams than on Zoom. Are there any audio settings I should be looking at in Zoom?? I dont think its a problem with the hardware or settings on the laptop, which is running Windows 11 Pro. There are 2 professional quality microphones setup in the room which work well on Teams.

Thanks,

John

5 REPLIES 5

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

Can you please clarify if you're using Zoom Client / Teams Client vs Zoom Rooms / MTR?

Please also describe all hardware being used, as well as signal flow.

Shape of the room, dimensions, and surface materials are also helpful.

When referring to 'quality', do you mean the conference flow (noise suppression, echo-cancellation, etc) or just the general fidelity of the sound captured from the boardroom as perceived by the far end?

JohnReilly1
Listener

Hi,

I'm using the Zoom client on a Windows 11 Dell Latitude 5520 laptop with all the latest updates installed. The issue is with the sound, that external participants in meetings are finding it hard to hear what people in the room are saying whereas, for whatever reason, this does not happen on Microsoft Teams! This is unusual as on line most people seem to think audio on Zoom is better, so I was hoping it might be something simple like a setting. The microphones in the room are  a dual Nureva HDL 300's one on each site of the room, mounted on the wall. 

The room is in an old building (200 years plus!) with a high ceiling around 5 metres high and the room would be 5  metres across and 10 meters long. 

I hope this helps.

Regards,

John

bstrelko

You can start by playing with the audio profile settings in Zoom client starting with conservative values that allow the Nureva to do the heavy lifting (no/low noise suppression, echo cancellation on/off, AGC on/off etc) and then stepping these up as needed.

bstrelko_0-1697640734938.png

Beyond your client, Zoom does perform a bit of processing at the conference/meeting level (this is not blatantly documented) that differs from Teams.

HI,

How do I access the "audio profile" settings in the Zoom client, cant find it anywhere? Thanks

John

bstrelko

From your Zoom client, click Settings->Audio