cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attendance Login and logout timestamp accuracy

me1820de
Listener

Does anyone know how accurate the login and logout timestamps for a reoccurring meeting which is used as a classroom. Students do not need to register they are provided a link at the beginning of the semester and can join the class using a browser.

Two students say upon logging in they received the waiting room screen waiting the host to let you in. 

The timestamp log shows they joined the meeting at 7:31:40 and the class started at 7:30.

Does the timestamp refer to when they were granted access to the meeting OR when they entered the meeting room?

1. How accurate is the attendance log?

2. Where does the timestamp come from? Hosts computer, zoom app, etc?

3. Timestamp from the waiting room or entry time into the meeting?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

1 REPLY 1

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @me1820de 

The join and leave times in meeting reports indicates when participants actually join or leave the meeting, while their time in the waiting room is not considered at all. This should be the time they are officially connected to the meeting, which is part of the meeting logs generated on Zoom servers.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.