cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Zoom - Unable connect bluetooth headphones

josesoto
Listener

Hi Everybody,

With the latest update, I'm having troubles with the Zoom app, I can't connect my Zoom through android cellphone (Galaxy S21 Ultra) using any bluetooth headphone or Android Car Audio. 

When the meeting start, It show that the bluetooth is connected, but the sound is coming out of the speaker.

I reseted my cellphone, uninstall and install 3 times zoom app, unpair and pair again my devices (All devices works using any app except zoom).

I'm looking older versions but I can't found it.

Any idea?

5 REPLIES 5

brucew
Listener

Best of luck. I've had this problem for several years now using Bluetooth speakers and earbuds from multiple models and brands of Android phones. Reporting it had no effect. We often use Zoom to stream to homebound people who may need a speaker to hear very well so it has been a problem.
If you still want to find old software, you can get old Android app versions from sites like apk mirror and others.

SweetE
Listener

I had the same problem( I have an S23) and upon going through a few forums, someone finally found the solution and it works. This is what you should do: add the "nearby devices" permission through the Zoom app settings

Where do you find the Settings on the Zoom phone app? Can you give detailed instructions on all the tabs and  buttons to get to the exact spot? I can't find any button named Settings.. but there are are 3 dots that lead to a menu and in that area there is a category that says Settings with lots of options underneath, but nothing I can find that says "nearby devices ".. please explain exactly where to find this..thx

TealSeal
Listener

Same problem with Samsung s23, A03s, and Honor x7a.

The 3 pairs of Sony headphones used to work with zoom, now they don't. Nor does the Bose speaker or 2 pairs of JBL headphones.

Access to nearby device is granted in the permissions, all permissions are granted except location and contacts. It used to work perfectly yesterday, with the same headphones, settings, and permissions.

I'm currently in the middle of an important, 3 days seminar, and this is very annoying (to say the least).

Tried turning bluetooth on and off, uninstalling and reinstalando zoom, clearing caches, and none of the 5 bluetooth devices works with any of the 3 Android devices.

Sorry, not sure what's going on. The "nearby devices" permission seemed to work for most people. Maybe contacting "zoom technical support" might be your best bet.