cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All of my recurring meetings disappeared today but are still accessible via phone app only

priestess
Listener

I have 8 to 10 recurring meetings, a few of which I have used since 2019. All of my recurring meetings disappeared today. I last used one yesterday.

I use the desktop zoom app, so I logged in to web to see if my meetings were visible in my account on web. They are not there.

I then followed the support page instructions to "Recover" a meeting (this recovers a meeting that was deleted), but I am not presented with the "Recover" option in the expected place.

I created a new recurring meeting and it shows up in my account in the desktop app and on web, whereas all my old recurring meetings are just gone. There is nothing in "Previous" and they are not in "Meetings."

Did this happen to anyone else today??

NEW INFO that I discovered right before posting: I am able to see all my existing recurring meetings on my Android phone app, including the new one I created today. PLEASE HELP. What is happening?

EDIT: Now, I can see my older recurring meetings on web, but I cannot see them on my desktop app (Windows), which is where I most need access to them.

EDIT 2: I updated the new meeting to be a recurring meeting with "No Fixed Time" and I cannot see it on my desktop app at all anymore. All of the meetings are recurring with "No Fixed Time." This is the root of the problem. What is the fix?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Fivepoints
Listener

I use to be able to navigate this by clicking on the "meetings" in the Zoom application however it appears Zoom has changed the desktop app (i'm on a mac) to call "recurring meetings" as "anytime meetings" and sits on the left hand side of application navigation screen as a drop down menu.... Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 8.03.16 AM.png

View solution in original post

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused! We are in the process of reverting this change. In the meantime, I recommend updating your Zoom desktop client to version 5.15.3 and then locating your recurring meetings from the Meetings tab in the Anytime Meetings drop-down arrow. We have a new support article about this issue and will keep it updated with new information as it becomes available.

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

69 REPLIES 69

ddlpc
Listener

It just now happened to me too.  I went to add a new recurring meeting, no fixed time and ALL my other meetings have been erased.   No option to undelete.  No response from support. 

time stamp on my post above is incorrect. by 3 hours.   I posted at 11:22 am.

Bcountess
Listener

The audio on my recurring meeting link doesn't work anymore to where I cannot hear the other participants and they can't hear me so I have to send them a brand new meeting link.

Jennin
Listener

The disappearing recurring meetings happened to me on both my desktop and laptop today. They were there on the web version. I updated the software on both machines and can now see them on one machine but not the other. They showed up on my cellphone. The cellphone app needed updating too  and after updating I could still see those meetings on that app.  What on earth is happening?

This is what I was able to do (after a week of not knowing how to fix the issue).   Go to your Zoom account and go to the settings for your Personal Meeting Room under "Personal" and then "Meetings".   Under the "Audio" section, select both "telephone and computer audio".

Good luck!

Afraid that didn't;t work for me. Still no recurring meetings. Or any screen that shows meetings.

All my devices are on auto update, and it happened to me too today.  July 11

Awoodall
Listener

Were you able to resolve this issue? I’m experiencing the same problem and apparently paid accounts don’t receive live customer service. 

guitarsean
Listener

Same. New update broke my recurring meetings. 

guitarsean
Listener

I also just tried to create a new recurring meeting and it isn't saving it in the app at all. 

This is what I was able to do (after a week of not knowing how to fix the issue).   Go to your Zoom account and go to the settings for your Personal Meeting Room under "Personal" and then "Meetings".   Under the "Audio" section, select both "telephone and computer audio".

I went to this post and it worked like a charm:

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Unable-to-use-computer-audio/m-p/37651

Sometimes you have to phrase your search in different ways to find the answer.

Good luck!

Bcountess
Listener

Sometimes you have to phrase your search in different ways to find the answer.

Good luck!

ddlpc
Listener

UPDATE - resolved this issue

I can add recurring no fixed time meetings if I add the meeting from the main zoom page (not from the desktop icon that connects me to my list of meetings.)   

If you add a recurring meeting and put in dates out of desperation ( I did this at first), all the specific time meetings will list and under that will show up your recurring, no fixed time meetings.  It might be a LONG scroll down to find them!

Here are the instructions sent by the support folks

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal. which for me is https://us06web.zoom.us
  2. In the navigation menu, click Meetings.
  3. Click Schedule a Meeting.
  4. Below the Time Zone option, select the check box next to Recurring meeting.
  5. Edit the following recurrence options:
  6. If registration is required and the meeting is recurring, specify one of the following options
  7. Click Save.
  8. Finish selecting the meeting options and click Schedule.

"If you add a recurring meeting and put in dates out of desperation ( I did this at first), all the specific time meetings will list and under that will show up your recurring, no fixed time meetings.  It might be a LONG scroll down to find them!"

THANK YOU for this!!!

@wiseheartpdxThere is no longer a need for any of the workarounds explained here. In mid-July the Zoom developers reverted the change that caused the original problem. If you're still not seeing the Meetings tab, you need to update your Zoom client software.

Fivepoints
Listener

I use to be able to navigate this by clicking on the "meetings" in the Zoom application however it appears Zoom has changed the desktop app (i'm on a mac) to call "recurring meetings" as "anytime meetings" and sits on the left hand side of application navigation screen as a drop down menu.... Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 8.03.16 AM.png

Unfortunately this "Anytime Meetings" doesn't appear for me. Any tips on how to install this? 

seems to be a default setting when i relaunched the app Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 8.37.31 AM.png

How interesting that this doesn't appear the same on my computer.  I wonder if it is specific to mac (which I am not) or if it is a browser issue?

even though I have auto update on all my devices, this got fixed when I updated the zoom program.  They are listed as "anytime" meetings, as the above responder noted though.  I am on PC's and android phone.  Good luck!

You may want to sign into your Zoom account through your Chrome browser.

Hi, I'm on a Mac too but I can't find any screen that looks like that on the desktop app. 'Meetings' screen shows just 'no meetings scheduled'. 

Did you sign into your Zoom account using your Chrome browser.  If not, try it.

I did. Recurring meetings appear here. Now I need to see if they work and restore to my PC

Thank you for the tip

Yes, tried that, thanks - I now have all the meetings visible. And they've reappeared on the desktop app, so thanks!

Thank you for this tip. It seems to be OK on PC. Really appreciate 

jeanette1
Listener

same problem. so irritating. Why keep changing things and making the platform harder to use?? 

Melmiller8
Listener

It happened to me, too.  Frustrating that Zoom is not responding to this issue promptly.  Thanks for suggested solutions.  Not great customer service for my business to have to send new Zoom links to all of my recurring meeting clients.  Terrible customer service on Zoom's part.

Lee7
Listener

Yep, same here.

phildlh
Listener

Same issue here, and I don't have the link that some people seem to have that says 'anytime meetings'.  I'm on a Mac and can't find any way of accessing the recurring meetings I had set up for all my clients. This is really frustrating.

ToniM-O1754
Listener

My Zoom has done the same thing as all of the comments indicated. No way to obtain my recurring meeting. Also, I do NOT like the new scheduling system. This will cause a lot of extra work on my part as well as my clients. 

aanw2c
Listener

Also had this extremely frustrating experience (which is becoming more and more common with Zoom these days...) and it took me a while to troubleshoot. I also wasn't seeing this "Anytime Meetings" option. This is what helped me solve this on a Mac.

• I went into the "zoom.us" dropdown menu and clicked "Check for Updates..."

• After installing the latest version, I was able to see "Anytime Meetings" and recover my recurring meetings.

Hope this helps a few other people.

Thank you for this tip. Like all of us here, my professional activity on the paid account was seriously disrupted by- what I hope was- this glitch. 

I have followed your advice and it seems to be OK. 

Cheers

This also fixed it for me too, so thanks.

What I don't understand is that I started the app today and it installed an update... but not the latest update, and shutting it down and restarting did not have it auto update again. Manually updating to 5.15.3 fixed it.

I have done this and once I open the desktop app in my Mac it shows briefly the link to "any time meetings" but then it disappears and can't access it again. Anyone with this same issue? What do you think may be happening?

Yes, this happened to me as well. It was there for a few days on the calendar and then gone again. I just clicked on the "Meetings" tab (where they used to be in the older version) and now all of my Recurring meetings are back there again! Hide and go seek. 🙂

I've installed the latest update (on Mac) and I still don't have "anytime meetings" anywhere that I can see. I hope they fix this soon 😕

Hi, thanks, but I can't find that menu on us02web.zoom.us, would you say where it is?

FionaG
Listener

Aaagh. Nightmare. What is going on. Likewise, all my recurring meetings that I set up for each of my psychotherapy clients have disappeared. Really poor service from Zoom. I'm thinking about moving to another platform as Zoom is becoming 'not fit for purpose' anymore.