cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1080p Video Resolution: Business Zoom One Pro

mgbloomfield
Listener

Maximum video resolution for Personal Zoom One Pro is 720p, right?

If I upgrade from Personal Zoom One Pro to Business Zoom One Pro, will I get 1080p video resolution for streaming?

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @mgbloomfield.

The simple answer is “Yes.”  But note that you must subscribe to at least 10 paid licenses to have a Zoom Business account. You can’t just “upgrade to Business” with 1 to 9 licensed users. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

I need 10 paid licenses? 

That doesn't make sense.

I have to pay for 10 monthly subscriptions of Business Zoom One Pro?

Furthermore, when I look at the Pricing page, NOTHING is mentioned about requiring 10 paid subscriptions to get 1080 video.

WHY IS ZOOM MAKING THIS SO HARD????

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @mgbloomfield.

Virtually every SaaS company has a pricing structure that restricts features by the classification of the account.  Zoom has made the business decision to only allow certain types of 1080p video for Business-class subscribers and higher.  Pro and Basic (free) account have restrictions in a variety of areas, this being one of them.

My guess is that the theory behind this is that if you are paying for 10 Business licenses, the extra bandwidth resources will be made available to you, and that if you are only supporting 9 or less users in a Pro account, your revenue won't support the resource drain of 1080.

I highly recommend reading this Zoom Support article that describes where 720 and 1080 are supported.

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0066166 

Note that Screen Shared content is always distributed at native (transmitted) resolution.  The resolution restrictions only affect participant videos, and usually only affect full-screen views; they're always scaled down when viewing gallery-style views of multiple participants, since the video is being displayed at significantly reduced resolution.

infoamericas
Listener

Hi Ray,

That is very helpful, thank you! I have the 10 paid licenses and now am struggling to figure out how to setup the 1080p resolution. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @infoamericas,

See this Zoom Support article for details:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0066166