cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring Meeting mysteriously deleted

jennybouch1
Listener

I created a recurring Zoom meeting and then copied and pasted the Zoom invite into a recurring Google Calendar meeting. Later, I edited the Zoom meeting to change from 1st Wednesday of month to the 2nd Wednesday of month. 

In the Google Calendar recurrence, the meeting still shows with the correct dates (2nd Wednesday) and I just tested it out with my colleague and it worked.

In Zoom online, when I go to my meetings, I can see that there is only 1 occurrence of the meeting still listed, and it's for the 1st Wednesday of the month, so it's incorrect, and the rest of the occurrences are deleted. 

Is it possible there is some kind of weird syncing happening to have made this happen, or a glitch on Zoom? 

I am concerned as to why this would have happened so welcome any input.

4 REPLIES 4

Aewing
Listener

I had this experience with multiple reoccurring event series. I worked with the zoom team and we were unable to identify the cause. I would suggest entering a zoom ticket. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Aewing I see that on your ticket you've opened with Zoom Support you're utilizing the Outlook Plug-in. Per your ticket, our agent suggested to change the date to your desire and then click the "Change Settings" and save it in order for your meeting to be synced. Was this correct and resolved your issue? 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @jennybouch1 im curious if this maybe because you copied and pasted the Zoom invite into the recurring Google Calendar, so there's really no "sync" between the two. Did you perhaps setup calendar and contacts integration with Google Calendar? You have the ability to 'edit all occurrences' from the Zoom Web Portal when editing; and with the Calendar integration, this should automatically update; that is if bi-directional calendar sync is also enabled.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

jennybouch1
Listener

Hi there, yes, the Zoom invite updated in the Google calendar invite, but the question remains: why is the recurrent series missing in Zoom?