cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to delete Zoom calendar commitments attributed to me, that I NEVER set up

OG2
Listener

I set up and conducted a Zoom meeting for a group on 2/21. It was a one-time meeting. Invitees to the 2/21 meeting are finding subsequent, recurring meetings on their calendars. I never set up any of these meetings. They do not show up in my Zoom list under "Meetings". None of them are on my calendar. Understandably, the invitees to the 2/21 meeting are confused and irritated by these subsequent invitations that I never arranged. How do I get them deleted?

2 REPLIES 2

steve544
Listener

The situation you're describing seems unusual, especially since the subsequent meetings are not listed in your Zoom account under "Meetings" and they aren't on your calendar either. Here are some steps and considerations to help you resolve this issue:

1. Check Zoom Settings: Ensure that the meeting on 2/21 was indeed set up as a one-time meeting. Sometimes, settings might be misconfigured, leading to unintended recurring meetings.

2. Integration Issues: If your Zoom account is linked with a calendar service (like Google Calendar or Outlook), check those calendars for any recurring events that might have been set up accidentally. Sometimes, recurring meetings can be created in the calendar app, and these can send invites even if they're not listed in Zoom.

3. Shared Accounts: Make sure that no one else has access to your Zoom account who might have set up these meetings. Also, if you are part of an organization, it's possible that someone with scheduling privileges in your Zoom account or someone who has access to your calendar might have set these up.

4. Communicate with Invitees: Inform the invitees of the situation and advise them to ignore or delete these unintended invitations from their calendars. This can be a temporary measure while you resolve the issue.

5. Contact Zoom Support: Since the meetings are not listed in your Zoom account, this could be a glitch or an issue that Zoom support needs to investigate. Provide them with details of the original meeting and the subsequent unintended invites.

6. Review Meeting Links: Ensure that the links for the subsequent meetings are indeed Zoom links and not from another service. It's possible there might be a mix-up with another meeting platform.

7. Security Check: Ensure your Zoom account and associated email or calendar services haven't been compromised. It's a good idea to update your passwords and check for any unauthorized access.

As a final step, if none of these actions resolve the issue, consider creating a new Zoom account and using it for future meetings if the problem persists and is tied to your current account. This could help avoid further confusion among your invitees until the issue is fully resolved.

OG2
Listener

Thank you steve544! You've given me a great set of next steps to work on, I really appreciate it!