cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spam emails

exilepoet
Listener

i keep getting webinar registration emails that i never opted in for. How do you stop people from registering you for webinars you didn't sign up for?

20 REPLIES 20

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @exilepoet I am sorry I missed this! Since this is specific to your account, please reach out to our support team if you have not done so already. I believe you will need to provide them with meeting ids or emails received so that they can further investigate. We are very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this type of spam and will do our best to assist. 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

AlexT1
Listener

same problem for me.

this outfit too happy to pocket cash from SPAMMERS, and screw their victims.

set up a dedicated portal to report spam - or will that lose them money?

I'm sick of jumping through hoops to avoid this crap.

why don't you remove me from the list when i CANCEL my (spammy) enrolment

CASH before people

put a system in place to report SPAMMERS abusing your service

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @AlexT1 , i'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues using the Zoom platform. 

You can report this inappropriate behavior to our Zoom's Trust & Safety team. 

For more information: Reporting inappropriate behavior 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Carla, this is not a solution. I am receiving spam invites as well. There is no unsubscribe on the email... No block this idiot... No report. 

If i report the email as spam, i would be reporting zoom.us mail! 

Please provide a solution. 

I agree with Galileo.

Spam from ZOOM has increased immensely precisely because this issue is not being addressed appropriately and with the right amount of urgency.

An Unsubscribe and Report Spam button should be added to all email invites.

I got this ... have been getting these invites now since 2 weeks or so...

I do not want to have to cancel each time. Unsubscribing or reporting unsolicited email would be muchh better long term.

AlexT1
Listener

Got more SPAM today

stop SPAMMERS abusing your service & annoying people
I'm sick of this lot putting me on calls I NEVER asked for
Why do you allow it?
sort them out -
You have been auto-registered for this Live training because you're a loyal subscriber of George Wickens, Wayne Crowe and Jason Parker.

This is not some pitch pitch webinar, we value your time so we are going to over-deliver with value that you can actually take away and start implementing as soon as the call finishes.

If you would live to stop getting our training for free please let us know below and we will remove you from our list.
You can cancel your registration at any time.
Please submit any questions to: ***********

ExpertswhoJohn
Community Champion | Customer

1. Is it a spammer pretending to be Zoom to make you click on a link? - Any link in the email should be to Zoom.com - please don't click on any link
What you describe does not sound like an email from Zoom. You are right to be suspicious.

Henk_Vos
Listener

I'm adding to this - for the last two days I've been getting Zoom invites entitled "Invitation: A.I Mini-Site Farm- $47k in 90 Days With a Tiny Mini-Site & Discover How We’re Flipping Brand New Sites For $2,000 – $4,000 In Any Niche starts in..."

from "wpresenter at gmail.com" Webinar ID 831 9992 4274 

I did not sign up for this.
It's impossible to cancel the registration.
There is no unsubscribe button on the emails at all

This seems to me to be a breach of most laws relating to having the requirement to unsubscribe. It's certainly abuse of the system.

One of your competitors also has a problem with enabling spammers to use this route. All of their emails now go into my spam folder.

I would like to see a simple form on your website or in the email to report this abuse and I would like to see that a reputable company like Zoom acts on it.

drewcoast
Listener

When will we see a "report as spam" option in zoom webinar invites??? This feels like the start of a class action suit as zoom is facilitating spam through their platform just as gotowebinar does. 

MrStoked
Listener

I've been getting this spam too. And I know it's spam because a legitimate business would sign with who's sending it.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone! Please report this link to our Trust & Safety department, here: https://zoom.us/trust-form

Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Good day Carla

I think ZOOM is not addressing the core issue, neither are you, Carla.

Giving us a link in this forum, having to go through several steps to report abuse (and/or other offenses) is fine and well, but it again places the onus and burden on the one being spammed.

Why can't ZOOM just provide this link in each sent email from your platform? This way, any abuse can be addressed immediately. Even better would be adding three + or so buttons to be clicked, instantly marking the email as SPAM, HARMFUL, etc. This can honestly not be so difficult, and is industry best practice, implemented by most companies.

Kind regards

Exactly. Every platform that facilitiates the sending of automated email must allow for easy and permanent unsubscribe.

Hi Carla
Hi Community

Attached is a screenshot of gotowebinar.com's footer to each email sent out.

Why can't zoom implement that to ALL outgoing mail - invitations, registrations, reminders etc - have this type of footer?

ExpertswhoJohn

Please be careful how you address this issue. In most cases, these spams are being created by bad actors using another person's email address.
Blacklisting will just hurt an innocent party and not stop the spammer.
Almost every time I have seen a meeting why bad actors have joined to cause trouble, they have used fake email addresses to join and just taken the link off the screen to join,

you're missing the point - this has nothing to do with joining a zoom. this issue is about the sending of registration emails from scam companies, essentially adding you to a zoom registration without your consent. it is spam, facilitated by zoom

ExpertswhoJohn

So, blacklist emails from Zoom and then you will never see them.
I blacklist fake emails from places I will never want to communicate with on a weekly basis.

If you blacklist Zoom than you will never get an invite confirmation from a legitimate webinar host that happens to use the platform, that is the issue.

serveth
Listener

Apparently nothing's been done about this.