cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Events Registration Information with answers to custom questions

ZoomEv1
Listener

I can't find the registration custom question information for the event. Where would I find that?

I downloaded General Ticket Registration which doesn't have that information. Once in a while, that CSV file has no information. I saw it one time couple of days ago, and now it is missing. Please can someone help. Chatbox isn't helpful either. The event is in 3 days and I don't have the complete data yet. Any help is appreciated. I feel like it was a mistake of using the zoom events. I should have gone with regular webinar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ZoomEv1
Listener

I think the system glitch has been fixed now. I can see the data, but it was too late as I had to manually work with the data one by one as my event is today. Too late for me. I wish there was a some sort of notification or an acknowledgement and it took a week a solve such a simple and very important issue.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

miketino
Listener

I just want to share - I am having the same issue and there are N/A placeholders where I need to have the data we asked for.  Zoom Events is a mess.

imogenraynerae
Attendee

Hi @ZoomEv1  and @miketino 

Here's how to find the answers to Custom Registration Questions from your attendees:

1. In Zoom Events, scroll down to Analytics on the left-hand side.

2. Then select 'Custom Report'

3. Then Click 'Create Custom Report'

4. From the drop-down select 'Registration Question for Ticket'

5. Follow the next 2 drop-downs, selecting an option for each. It doesn't matter what you select as the csv file that is generated will give you all the data from your Custom Registration questions even if you only selected one option.

6. If you get a 'Filter by text' option just enter any letter e.g 'y'

7. Click 'Create Report'.

8. The csv file will then be downloaded to your PC and will contain all the Custom Registration data.

This is one of the quirks of Zoom Events. I had the same frustration and I hope this helps you. If not, let me know, and I'll produce a short video to show you.

I hope your event goes really well.

Best wishes,
Imogen Rayner 😁

P.s Some attachments to help you

Imogen

Hello,

I am trying to find the results of my custom registration questions.  My left side menu does not have any of the items that you have you file.  I don't see overview or Analytics on the left hand side. 

Please help, my event is Wednesday.

Barbara

ZoomEv1
Listener

Thanks for your response. I apprecite your help. But I don't see the step 4. See the screenshot. Any help is appreciated. I couldn't attach the image, but here is the link for the screenshot: https://ibb.co/SrFjKss

Thanks.

imogenraynerae
Attendee

Oh I can see why you're finding it frustrating. Have you tried registering for your own event? It's a good way to check its set up right. Feel free to post the link here and I can register and check its working.

Imogen

ZoomEv1
Listener

I did register and I was able to download with the data two days after setting it up. Now, the data is showing empty. Here are the screenshots showing that the survey responses are part of the download: https://ibb.co/Zc47VRy and second one showing that the mandatory questions (* on the header) coming up with N/A: https://ibb.co/zZtWvzJ  Any help is appreciated.

imogenraynerae
Attendee

Okay - There must be a setting wrong somewhere. Can you confirm whether its data from a standard registration question or a custom registration question you're looking for?

I just want to check we're absolutely looking for the same issue.

Imogen - I welcome connecting with other Zoom Users - you can learn more about me here.

Imogen

ZoomEv1
Listener

Responses to custom questions are completely missing along with responses to some of the standard questions.  So, both are missing. 

LeeZoomer
Listener

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I also had trouble getting my custom registration questions to show up in the standard report -- a week ago they did show up in the standard report but today they don't. (They also showed up in the standard report 2 months ago when I had a different Zoom Event running at that time.) So something has changed and not been documented, or this is a bug.

After searching around Zoom.us I found this forum post and I was able to follow the instructions imogenraynerae indicated above to make a Custom Report and voila the answers to my custom registration questions showed up.

However, according to Zoom's own Knowledgebase documents, these answers are supposed to be in the standard "General Ticket Registration" report.  At least for me, last week (and prior to then) the answers were actually in that standard report. Now there is a column in the standard report containing my custom question but every entry says "N/A" which I knew was incorrect as last week my test account, which had answered the questions, did have data in that column.

So I wonder if there's some hanky-panky going on behind the scenes at Zoom and they aren't fully aware of the consequences to the end-users.

In any case, I do see "Registration Question for Ticket" in my dropdown  as per the attached photo.  I wonder if you maybe could find someone in Zoom Tech Support to look into it b/c it definitely seems to me that some kind of functionality has changed since 1 week ago... Maybe your account in particular has gotten stuck or affected by some back-end change? Just my 2 cents. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Hi @LeeZoomer, You're welcome to join the conversation. Thanks for this—it's good to hear different viewpoints and experiences. The data has definitely moved a couple of times, and I think you're right—there's a glitch in there somewhere. Hopefully, Zoom can fix it soon. I'll report it to them, too.

I welcome connecting with other Zoom Users - you can learn more about me here

Imogen

imogenraynerae
Attendee

Okay, I understand. 

You can check the registration questions are being answered by doing the following steps:

1. Go to the 'Manage Registrants' tab under 'Registration and Join'

2. Click 'Orders'

3. Select an arrow next to an attendee on the right hand side

4.  Then click 'View Registrant Details'

5. All the info should be in there so you know its being logged.

In the Analytics tab if you've checked all the 'standard reports' in the 'Registration & Ticketing'  tab and looked in 'Custom Report' then it has to be a Zoom glitch and I would raise a ticket with them flagging it as Urgent. I appreciate this is a frustrating situation.  Do you think you have checked all of these? Keep me posted with how you get on.

I welcome connecting with other Zoom Users - you can learn more about me here.

Imogen

Oh thanks for explaining how to get the information for individual attendees in the View Registrants Details in the Orders tab. I never knew that was there.

Just to be clear -- I am able to see the answers to my Custom Registration Questions once I run the custom report as you explained. I just know that information used to be in the standard report and now suddenly is not. Hopefully everyone will get to your post that explains how to get the info from a Custom Report which seems to be a valid work around for me.

It does seem like the OP (ZoomEV1) is having a problem creating the custom report.

Yes, I'm having the problem of creating the custom report as this "4. From the drop-down select 'Registration Question for Ticket'" doesn't show up in my case. Is there anything I need to change in the settings or something like that to get that enabled?

Thanks @LeeZoomer . I'm glad you found this helpful. You're right; it definitely was in the standard report previously and hopefully, it will be back there soon. The workaround gets to the data but doesn't feel like it should be there. I'll be looking out for this in the next update and will flag with the Zoom community too.

Imogen

ZoomEv1
Listener

Thanks for the response. Yes, steps 1 through 5 shows me the data. I can see individual data for each of them. But it doesn't show up on the download. I will raise a ticket. How do I do that?

ZoomEv1
Listener

I submitted a ticket.

I am having the same issues, the report is pulling data with N/A and the Custom Report doesn't give me the option to report on Registration Questions.

Please let me know if you found a way to resolve this issue. Thank you. 

imogenraynerae
Attendee

Great @ZoomEv1 . Keep us posted, and hopefully, your ticket will be prioritised.

Imogen

ZoomEv1
Listener

I think the system glitch has been fixed now. I can see the data, but it was too late as I had to manually work with the data one by one as my event is today. Too late for me. I wish there was a some sort of notification or an acknowledgement and it took a week a solve such a simple and very important issue.

ZoomEv1
Listener

I also want to thank @imogenraynerae for her prompt responses and support. Also thanks to @LeeZoomer  and @c_uribe for sharing insights. Thanks all.

ABCOhelp2024
Listener

I don't seem to have an overview tab that has an Analytics tab so I am not sure what to do to try and create a customer report.  Very frustrated!