cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Room and audio cutting out

CraigBowser
Listener

When we host a webinar in our Zoom room, we have found that if we are sharing audio from inside the physical room that it will cut out and then come back in. It almost seems like some digital audio processor is kicking in and interfering. We have had our Zoom room implementer look at every setting that we could find and have tried settings for high fidelity and things like that and it still occurs. If we take the Zoom Room out of the equation, the audio in the room performs flawlessly, the issue only occurs when Zoom is being used. I have asked support and they pointed me towards a bunch of audio settings to change in the Windows client, but I don't really see a way to make those changes in a Zoom room setup. There is a PC in the room that runs the Zoom room client that auto-launches on boot. I didn't see any way to get into any settings on it, like I could on the standard meeting client. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way to shut off any Zoom audio processing when using Zoom room?

3 REPLIES 3

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

If your room has a PA system then it's possible that the audio DSP is conflicting with the Zoom Echo cancellation or noise suppression. You can turn off Zoom's built in noise suppression as you mentioned. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360046244692-Configuring-professional-audio-settings-for-Z... 

Your implementer can open a Zoom support ticket, but it may be a setting in the room equipment and may require the equipment manufacturer to offer support.

Regards

We had turned off the echo, and that didn't help.

How do you get into a lot of these settings in a Zoom Room setup?

Most of these support links talk of clicking on your profile in your client to change settings.

I don't have that with the ZoomRoom program that runs automatically on the pc. It registers itself to Zoom. I don't see a way to change anything on the PC settings.

Frank_TB

Hi,

There are specific support docs for Zoom rooms 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/200108436-Zoom-Rooms

Anther approach is to contact the Zoom team that specializes in Zoom room support, but this service will cost money

pso @@zoom.us

Regards