cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED - USER ERROR! Practice Session Spontaneously Ended!

Heidi_Love
Listener

Edited to say this has been resolved. It was a user error (ID10T), so never mind!

We are learning how to use Zoom Webinars so have been playing in it via the "Practice Session" feature.   Just now, it spontaneously ended after about 10 or 15 minutes (just a guess, didn't time it). Is there a time limit in Practice Session? We would like to be in the Practice Session for a long time while we learn and explore all the feature and settings, while writing a procedure manual for staff. 

When it ended, the window just closed and the Host got a pop up Zoom box that said something like "this session has ended' or something like that.

Any ideas why this happened?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

Are you willing to share the lesson learned?

Was there a timeout?
Was there a co-host that killed it and you were unaware?

I'm itching to know... Practice sessions are meant to be run days earlier than the actual live program.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Yes, it's a very obvious lesson I should have been aware of before, but I'm still new to Zoom (other than being an attendee at meetings run by other people) so even the basic things are lessons to be learned.

What happened was this: I was signed in to our company's main Zoom account (the account that has our Zoom Webinars license attached to it) as I'm the one tasked with learning all the ins-and-outs of Zoom Webinars and writing up instructions for our staff.

I was running a Webinar practice session when at the same time, unbeknownst to me, our company's director signed in to the same account to have a Zoom meeting. He's the one who ended my practice session, but the only message I saw was the generic Zoom message that said something like "your session has ended." It didn't occur to me that the boss would be using this same account for a meeting! oops! 

I actually tried starting my practice session again, but I got a popup message that said something like "you have another meeting in progress, do you want to end that meeting?" and I almost clicked yes! That would have aborted the boss's meeting! oops again! But I quickly realized I could see his scheduled meetings on the Meetings tab in the admin portal and I saw he was in a Zoom meeting. I quickly signed out of the account!

So now I know to always schedule my practice sessions with the boss to make sure he won't be signing in for a meeting.

Ray_Harwood

Oh, Heidi! You’re so funny! I’ve done it – not a lot, and I’m learning where to be very careful. There are some places Zoom asks “Are you sure?” that I just hate … but I know somebody out there asked for it so they writing keep making that mistake again and again.

Hang in there … you’re on your way to  Champion status!!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Bhavit
Listener

Keep on Trying