cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerPoint during webinar

gwuZoom
Listener

The PowerPoint slides did not record in our Zoom webinar.  Is there a setting that needs to be changed in the settings so the slides will record next time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @gwuZoom.

You don’t mention what you’re doing with the recordings: viewing on-demand, downloading and viewing individual videos , or downloading and editing. There are a variety of settings for Cloud recordings that will produce one or more Share Screen videos. I have a few extra options, but the red-checked ones should be enabled. 

Ray_Harwood_0-1700086952487.png

See this Zoom Support article for more information/details on Cloud recording:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060240972-Managing-cloud-recording-settings

Similar settings for local recordings are available in the Desktop Settings, with more info here:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362623-Changing-settings-in-the-desktop-client-mobile-a... 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

bstrelko

Local recording or cloud? Can you confirm which recording settings are currently being used?

I had it set to record local.  Would that have caused an issue?

bstrelko

Local recordings capture the meeting as the participant recording sees the meeting, meaning the recording will capture the meeting in speaker view, if that is what video layout is currently in use. 

Can you confirm that you were able to view the presenter's slides when recording locally?

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0063640

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @gwuZoom.

You don’t mention what you’re doing with the recordings: viewing on-demand, downloading and viewing individual videos , or downloading and editing. There are a variety of settings for Cloud recordings that will produce one or more Share Screen videos. I have a few extra options, but the red-checked ones should be enabled. 

Ray_Harwood_0-1700086952487.png

See this Zoom Support article for more information/details on Cloud recording:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060240972-Managing-cloud-recording-settings

Similar settings for local recordings are available in the Desktop Settings, with more info here:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362623-Changing-settings-in-the-desktop-client-mobile-a... 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thanks Ray!  The webinar was downloaded to be edited.  I'll check our settings.  I should also mention I had the recording set to local instead of the Cloud.  I'm not sure if that may have been the issue?

arslanbutt
Listener

If the PowerPoint slides did not record during your Zoom webinar, there are several potential reasons and settings you can check for future recordings:

1. Enable "Share Computer Sound" Option:

• When sharing a PowerPoint presentation, make sure to check the "Share Computer Sound" option. This ensures that the audio from the PowerPoint slides is captured during the recording.
  2. Update Zoom Client:

• Ensure that you are using the latest version of the Zoom client. Updates may include improvements and bug fixes related to recording features.
  3. Check Recording Settings:

• Open your Zoom settings and go to the "Recording" tab. Confirm that the option for "Record video during screen sharing" is enabled.
  4. Select "Optimize for 3rd Party Video Editor":

• When scheduling the webinar, under the "Advanced Options," select "Optimize for 3rd party video editor." This can help ensure that all content, including PowerPoint slides, is recorded.
  5. Record Locally:

• Consider using the "Record on this Computer" option instead of cloud recording. Local recording tends to capture content more reliably.
  6. Test Before Webinar:

• Before the actual webinar, conduct a test meeting where you share your PowerPoint slides and record to ensure that everything works as expected.
  7. Use PowerPoint as Virtual Background:

• If you are sharing PowerPoint slides through screen sharing, consider using the PowerPoint Virtual Background feature. This can help ensure that the slides are captured correctly.
  8. Consult Zoom Support:

• If the issue persists, reach out to Zoom's support for assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your setup.

Remember that Zoom's features and settings can evolve, so it's a good idea to check the latest documentation or reach out to Zoom support for the most up-to-date information. Always conduct thorough tests before important webinars to ensure that recording settings are configured correctly.