cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer a webinar license to a different user?

clangley
Listener

I understand from a previous thread that if I transfer the webinar license to another user on the account, the last user will not have access to their upcoming or previous webinars, including reports. And that this will not affect any cloud recordings. I'm okay with that and thrilled it can be transferred without disrupting upcoming webinar links and past cloud recordings. 

Now, I must free up my user account for meetings and transfer the webinar license to another user. Does anyone know the steps to do that? 

3 REPLIES 3

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

HI @clangley 

Moving a Webinar license from one user to another is pretty easy! 

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. Click User Management, then Users.
  3. Find the user that currently has the Webinar add-on license. 
  4. Click Edit at the end of that user's row. This will open a window.
  5. Next to the webinar add-on, click the checkbox to make it empty. 
    This is removing the Webinar license from that user. 
  6. Click Save
  7. Now, find the user you want to give the webinar license to. 
    Remember, this user must already be on your account. 
  8. Click Edit at the end of that user's row. This will open a window.
  9. Next to the webinar add-on, click the checkbox to make it filled. 
    This is assigning the Webinar license to that user. 
  10. Click Save

That's it! 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

clangley
Listener

I appreciate those instructions. However, I was told in a chat session that if I go through those steps, it will not transfer any of the currently scheduled webinars to the new user. I have webinars scheduled months in advance and registration is open. I want to move the license to a different user on my account but I can't lose the future scheduled webinars or the recordings on my account. I was told I would need to purchase another webinar license and slowly start migrating to the other user while I phase out my license and ultimately cancel it. Is that correct?

willjoe2442
Participant

How to transfer owner permissions
Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Account Profile.
Click Change Owner.
Enter the new owner's email address.
Click Change. The new owner's email address will be listed on the Account Profile page and the old owner will now be an admin.

Regards,

Will