cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide participant names in Q&A "All Questions" from other participants

LisaSp
Attendee

We conduct training webinar sessions with our customers and are required by our corporate privacy policy to hide participant names from other participants in our training webinars. However, when we answer a question in Q&A, the question and answer with the participant's name display to all of the other participants on the "All questions" tab.

We don't want to force all questions to be submitted to us anonymously, because WE (the hosts) need to see participant names (for internal reporting and tracking only), but participant names should always be "anonymous" to other participants and guest panelists (outside of our organization).

Am I missing a setting somewhere? Is there a setting somewhere that will help us achieve this? This seems like such a basic thing, and yet I cannot find it. 

Thank you,

Lisa

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Lisa,

Currently, they questions are either "anonymous to everyone" or "anonymous to no one."  You might submit a "Feedback" (used to be called a Feature Request") for a dual-option where the hosts/panelists know the names but the other attendees don't.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

Ray_Harwood

It used to be easy — too easy, I guess, and Zoom was getting flooded with spam. 

See this Zoom Support article which explains how the new process works. 
https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0068808&_x_zm_rtaid=yGAgBCUlQQSsHA... 

Basically you can do it from the Zoom Desktop App. It’s no longer labeled Feature Request, just Feedback. I’ve been advised by Zoom insiders that submissions here are actively reviewed… even though it seems a lot like a black hole. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood

Lisa,

Currently, they questions are either "anonymous to everyone" or "anonymous to no one."  You might submit a "Feedback" (used to be called a Feature Request") for a dual-option where the hosts/panelists know the names but the other attendees don't.

LisaSp
Attendee

Thank you, Ray! I suspected that's how it's currently designed, but wanted to check before submitting a feature request. I'll do that now. Many thanks again!

LisaSp
Attendee

Evidently, I have to be in a Zoom meeting or webinar in order to submit feedback. LOL. Is there any other way to do this? What happened to just submitting through the website?

UPDATE: Our corporate-level admins apparently have turned off the feedback feature, so I now have to submit a ticket internally to get this addressed. Maybe it's best for the feedback to come from the company anyway, since it's a privacy issue, and Zoom is more likely to pay attention to an entire company than a little peon like me. Thanks again for your response earlier, Raymond.

Ray_Harwood

It used to be easy — too easy, I guess, and Zoom was getting flooded with spam. 

See this Zoom Support article which explains how the new process works. 
https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0068808&_x_zm_rtaid=yGAgBCUlQQSsHA... 

Basically you can do it from the Zoom Desktop App. It’s no longer labeled Feature Request, just Feedback. I’ve been advised by Zoom insiders that submissions here are actively reviewed… even though it seems a lot like a black hole.