cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom AI Companion

loganthefrst
Listener

I am trying to enable this on our Zoom One Business Plus account but when I try to it says I need to enable cloud recording. I navigate to that settings page and cloud recording IS enabled. The terrible chatbot was no help at all and apparently my account doesn't get me a live chat. We are trying to justify using Zoom over Loom but the way service is going, I'm tempted to just leave the service. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @loganthefrst 

In addition to cloud recordings, please ensure the Create audio transcript subsetting is also enabled, as that is also required for using Smart Recordings. The error prompt may not call that out specifically. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Bort

Hi @loganthefrst 

In addition to cloud recordings, please ensure the Create audio transcript subsetting is also enabled, as that is also required for using Smart Recordings. The error prompt may not call that out specifically. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

loganthefrst
Listener

Hey Bort! 

And I assume Create Audio Transcript subsetting is on the same Record tab in Settings? Because I surely cannot find it. I went through all the tabs and CMD+F for Transcripts and nothing showed up. You are also correct, the prompt when on AI Companion tab only gives you this - 

Unable to change this setting

You need to enable “Cloud recording” in Recording Setting first. 

Nothing about a Create Audio Transcript or WHERE to enable that. Looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Bort

Hi @loganthefrst 

Yes, it should be a subsetting under the Cloud recording option on the Recording tab.  Here is a screenshot from my test account: 

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 14.25.10.png
I'll start looking into why you wouldn't see that option, as this should be available if you have access to the Smart Recording setting. 

I was able to go check out the settings in my two Admin roles accounts that other employees have and they have the options. I was able to check the Create Audio Transcript box. Then when I go to the AI Companion tab, I see more options than I see on my Owner account but they are grayed out and says Blocked by Admin. Very confused here. I was given the Owner role when the old Owner left the company. His email was ***********. 

Bort

Thanks for the update. Looking into why you don't have the same visibility as the other admins on your account. I can see on our side that you are indeed the owner of the account, but can you tell me when was the owner role transferred to you? 

It was transferred earlier this month. From *********** to ***********

Hello @loganthefrst, thank you for your discussion in the community! Was @Bort able to resolve your issue?

If so, please remember to mark the reply that helped you and "accept as solution" so that other users in the community can refer to this discussion if they have a similar issue!

Otherwise, if you require any additional assistance, please let us know!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

loganthefrst
Listener

Yeah I don't see that and am on the Owner role of my entire business account. Apparently I'm not allowed to upload my screenshots. There are no drop downs on my Recording tab in Settings under Cloud Recording. Just Enable to Disable.