cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whiteboard resizes when I double click

Mark27
Listener

I have used the zoom whiteboard on my iPad extensively for the last year or so since it was released, however something weird has started happening across the last week.

if I draw using my Apple Pencil then it sometimes interprets my writing/drawing as a double tap, and it the automatically resizes the whiteboard eg from 100% to 125%. 

I cannot find any way of disabling this double tap irritation.

it also does the same if I access the zoom whiteboard via the zoom website rather than through the zoom app.

if I use the old zoom whiteboard the problem does not happen BUT it is not as smooth an experience.  I really like the zoom whiteboard, but the double tapping resizing issue make whiteboard use in online lessons unusable.

please help!!

6 REPLIES 6

EchoZhao
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

hi @Mark27 we will fix it as soon as possible

Hi

any idea on timescale to fix this problem? It is making the ‘new’ whiteboard un-usable. I am having to use the old zoom whiteboard.

EchoZhao
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

sorry, if we deploy the fixed version, I will let you know.

Hi, I am having the exact same issue and it is becoming difficult for me to continue using the whiteboard. Are you working on a fix?

EchoZhao
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Yes, we are working on fixing it. If everything goes smoothly, the new version that will be released this month should address this issue. @tomhughes 

Thanks, that's great!