cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My annotations disappear when I write, draw or click somewhere on the screen

JCCC
Listener

Hello! I updated Zoom a couple of days ago. Since then, my annotations have started to fail. While I am screen sharing and using the annotate tools, they disappear for a few seconds while I add text boxes, draw lines, use highlighters or shapes, click on tabs, and practically do anything that requires clicking or moving the cursor. It's really annoying because I use tools throughly, which means the participants can barely see what I am annotating.

Edit: I played around with the controls in a Zoom meeting. I discovered that pausing the shared screen is what triggers the annotations to fail. Unpausing does not solve the issue.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom to no avail. I have a Macbook Pro 13-inch M1 from 2020 with MacOS Monterey 12.6.1. I would appreciate any feedback or recommendations to fix this issue. Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Julicle
Listener

I am having the same issue. Have sent multiple complaints to Zoom with no response. Has anyone figured out a fix for this? Extremely frustrated. This is on my 2019 iPad mini.