cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW can a non zoom account holder in a meeting edit the whiteboard with the link????

liv3
Listener

I have had my discussion apparently "solved" which is why I am starting a new one, it wasn't solved at all

I know how to share a URL link to external users in a zoom meeting, however to use it (in their breakout rooms) they are still being asked to login to their zoom account. ~see attached image.

I deliver training on Zoom to healthcare professionals who often use a work computer and can not login to zoom and have to do everything through their browser. 

HOW can a non zoom account holder in a meeting edit the whiteboard with the link????

thanks

Liv 

8 REPLIES 8

Palmer
Participant | Zoom Employee

@liv3 sorry the other thread was resolved prematurely. Zoom whiteboard requires sign into Zoom to open a link to a whiteboard outside a meeting. We are currently working on a feature to support out of meeting guest access without signing into zoom.

For your scenario, you could have a facilitators join each breakout room and share the existing board to the meeting by clicking on the whiteboard button on the main meeting toolbar -> open existing. Because the whtieboard is opened inside the meeting, all the participants can actively collaborate.

Thanks for replying Palmer

How can we keep up to date with the feature to support out-of-meeting guest access without signing into Zoom? 

Google jamboards will be discontinued in November 2024 and if Zoom doesn't achieve this feature before then, I will need to find an alternative. 

I have attached a screenshot of the google jamboards sharing function, each board produces it own link that can be shared with staff and course participants and we can use repeatedly for the same client course

thank you for supplying me with an alternative using facilitators, but unfortunately, we have more breakout groups than facilitators, so it wouldn't work. 

many thanks

Liv 

Palmer

Hi @liv3 , couple quick follow up questions on link support:

1. Are there any critical components of the link you would want to support? Expirations, password protection etc? 
  2. You mentioned sending a group users to a breakout room in a Zoom Meeting, then having them open a specified link. What is your "dream" solution for getting participants in a room collaborating, and what would you like to do with that content after the users have returned to the main room?

We are thinking over a few flows to best address your core scenario and would to hear your feedback 🙂 Ideally we want to make it as simple as possible for your participants to just join a room and see the content for them to work on without needing to click on anything, thus reducing the effort required to facilitate.

liv3
Listener

Hi Palmer

do you know if zoom is any closer to providing a whiteboard that all zoom participants can use without out the need for a zoom account. google Jamboard will be closing on the 1st Oct and we need to set up new templates for each course and train our staff to use them. would love an update. more than happy to speak with someone at zoom to explain what solution myself and so many others are looking for 

many thanks

Liv 

Palmer

Hi @liv3! I had a great chat with a k-12 school last week about a very similar scenario and the need to migrate from Jamboard 🙂 

We are actively working on an importer tool to extract Jamboard content into an editable Zoom Whiteboard, and we are also working on out of meeting "visitor" access to whiteboards which do not require a zoom account. 

These are two high priority items which we are working on now and hope do have done within a handful of months. 

liv3
Listener

Hi Palmer this is music to my ears, if you need anyone to test these functions while in development I would be happy to. Our aim as a business is to have a solution by the end of August, so we set up all the templates we need, do some staff training and pilot them on courses before the end of google JBs on the 1st October. Is this realistic time line for zoom? 

thanks

Liv 

Palmer

@liv3 - Absolutely! We are sensitive to education timelines and are working towards having a solution in place before back to school this year 🙂 

sleibson
Listener

Just want to add that I could really benefit from this feature as well -- I do adult education, my participants have a range of tech literacy and it's not practical to get them all logged in to a Zoom account. Many of my courses involve generative work in breakout rooms, and Whiteboard would be perfect if they could all have access to it in meeting!