cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Rooms Installer x64 5.15.7.3094 MSI setup hangs

ScottRockstad
Listener

When installing or upgrading Zoom Rooms Installer x64 5.15.7.3094 MSI (zoomrooms-5.15.7.3094-x64.msi) on Windows 10 22H2 PCs, the setup/install hangs and never completes. I've eliminated several security agents as the cause by uninstalling the agents before attempting to install Zoom Rooms Installer. We use an enterprise deployment tool called Tanium, and all installs/upgrades run as the NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM account.

The installation command line is:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\msiexec.exe /i "C:\Program Files (x86)\Tanium\Tanium Client\Tools\SoftwareManagement\data\temp\tasks\Deployment_89_task_141\zoomrooms-5.15.7.3094-x64.msi" /qn /norestart ALLUSERS=1 ACCEPTGDPR=true SILENT=true /lvx* "C:\<proprietary folder>\logs\Zoom-Rooms-Installer-5.15.7-20230923150010-install-silent-Setup.log"

The install hang does not occur on every PC and about 50% of them succeed. I'm stuck at trying to figure out why the setup is hanging. Please help!

The entire MSI log is attached as "Zoom Rooms Installer x64 5.15.7.3094 MSI Setup Hang Log.pdf". The last line in the "Hang" log is where the hang occurs and there is no further logging after that. The C:\jenkins\ folder does not exist on any of our PCs, even those where the installation succeeds.  I've also attached an example log file (Zoom Rooms Installer x64 5.15.7.3094 MSI Setup Success Log.pdf) where the install was successful, for comparison.

All assistance will be much appreciated!

Scott

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @ScottRockstad I see that a support ticket has been opened with our Zoom Technical Support team; I recommend responding to the ticket so that it can be re-opened with the agent to further troubleshoot your issue. They have the necessary tools to resolve this for you

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

NARAYANANK
Listener

By any chance did we find a solution for this? I'm sailing on the same boat...