cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Rooms Controller-Can't get pairing code when Zoom Rooms has logged into the account

willwill
Listener

Hi,

I have a question about Zoom Rooms Controller pairing with Zoom Rooms.

When I log in to my Zoom account on a TV-Hub, and then I use my ipad-Zoom Rooms Controller to pair with it, I can not found any pairing code in Zoom Rooms.

How do I  pair a Zoom Rooms with logged in account(I can not find paring code)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

zac2021
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@willwill Thanks much for sharing more context on the issue. I'm with you now. This appears to be by design. Ideally a dedicated controller should be assigned for each room especially for big conference rooms. For small rooms like huddle rooms, controller can be optional. For admin purposes and temporary Zoom Room control functionality, you may explore using the web-based controller as an alternative option instead of switching between different controllers, see here.

I have also asked internally to see any other available options that applies to your use case and will update this post soon as I get response.

-----------------
If this answers your questions/issues, please mark this as "Accept as Solution" or you may provide more feedback for us to understand more your issue.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

zac2021

@willwill Have you tried upgrading it the latest Zoom Room firmware? Has this worked before? What is the make/model of your TV-Hub?

Hi Zac, my Zoom Rooms have been updated to version 5.9.4 and my Zoom Rooms Controller is version 5.9.3. When I logged my account in Zoom Rooms, only sharing code is displayed on TV but no paring code. 

Our team often uses different controllers, so we need to log out of the account on Zoom Rooms to get the pairing code, and  then pair with controller to use it.

That's so inconvenient.

zac2021

@willwill It seems that the controller is not able to properly talk to the Zoom Room. Is this happening to all your Zoom Rooms/Controllers? Would you mind upgrading your Zoom Room Controller too if it helps?

Hi Zac, I'm very sorry, maybe my expression misunderstood you.

I can complete the pairing normally,  my confusion is that it is very troublesome to change another controller, because when we log into the account on the Zoom Room, we can't find the pairing code (that location becomes the sharing code), We had to log out of our Zoom Room account again to get a pairing code to complete pairing and use with another controller.

zac2021

@willwill Thanks much for sharing more context on the issue. I'm with you now. This appears to be by design. Ideally a dedicated controller should be assigned for each room especially for big conference rooms. For small rooms like huddle rooms, controller can be optional. For admin purposes and temporary Zoom Room control functionality, you may explore using the web-based controller as an alternative option instead of switching between different controllers, see here.

I have also asked internally to see any other available options that applies to your use case and will update this post soon as I get response.

-----------------
If this answers your questions/issues, please mark this as "Accept as Solution" or you may provide more feedback for us to understand more your issue.

Thank so much for your patience! I'll try your suggestion.

Have a good day~

zac2021

@willwill Here is another handy option that you can use as a controller from Zoom's marketplace. It may be worth to try too. This is quite new.

Zoom Rooms Controller

https://marketplace.zoom.us/apps/Uk99jcmoSIa37wo_aQ__GQ

Cheers!