cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only display contact list for certain users

greywolf82
Listener

Hi Gang 

I am wondering if there is a way I can prevent specific users from seeing the whole company contact list 
Basically we are renting out some office space to another company and we want to use the work spaces feature so both companies can book a meeting room 

My problem is that I dont want to allow anyone not in our company to see our contact list (Legal dept request) .

Is this possible???  

2 REPLIES 2

HollyWood_IHC
Listener

Hello, greywolf82.

I have the same issue.  We have telehealth kiosks distributed at rural healthcare facilities across the US and we wanted to remove the option of random passer-bys (e.g. children) from attempting to search the list of employees and contact them through the Zoom Room [ZR] devices.

In the Contacts menu option (in Zoom Portal - Admin), I unchecked the "List all account users under ‘All Contacts’" option.  However, all of our company's employees are still displayed in the Contacts list on every ZR device.  I created an Employee contact group and made it visible to only group members....that didn't work either.

I raised an issue with Support.  It's probably futile though as we have found that support for Zoom Rooms by Zoom Support is very lacking.  And, as shown by the lack of response to your post in this community forum, support by Zoom in the community forums is also disappointing.

Were you able to find a workaround?

HollyWood_IHC
Listener

For anyone reading or responding to this post, please note that the "Hide Room in Contacts" option in the Zoom Room's profile would hide the Zoom Room from all Zoom Rooms AND all users.  We still want our users to be able to contact the ZR from their desktop Zoom application; we just don't want Zoom Rooms contacting other Zoom Rooms directly.