cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Pro Plan Needed" error when adding members to shared line groups

AhmedSoliman
Listener

Hi Everyone,

I created a shared line group on my account. I want to add members to the account but whenever I try to add the members, this error shows up "Extension 809 requires a Zoom Phone Metered, Unlimited, or Pro plan." Although the user has a pro license and a Zoom phone license, any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi ahmedsoliman,

please go to admin->phone system management -> users and let me know what zoom phone licenses are assigned to each of the members of the zoom phone shared line group.

in your earlier post, i think you said that Both members have a Licensed Zoom One Pro and Zoom Phone Basic.   zoom phone basic will not work. 

zoom one pro does not include zoom phone.

Eliot_0-1708626813055.png

Plans & Pricing for Zoom One | Zoom

it is easy to mix up licenses assigned to zoom users versus licenses assigned to zoom phone users.

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Eliot

Hi AhmedSoliman,

Do all members of the shared line group have zoom phone paid license? 

Please note:

Prerequisites for setting up shared line groups:

Pro, Business, or Education account

Account owner or admin privileges

Zoom Phone license

User or common area phone must have a Zoom Phone Metered, Unlimited, or Pro plan to be a shared line group member

Please see

Setting up shared line groups - Zoom Support

Using shared line groups (desk phones) - Zoom Support

Using shared line groups (client or app) - Zoom Support

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

AhmedSoliman
Listener

Hi Eliot,

Both members have a Licensed Zoom One Pro and Zoom Phone Basic. I tried making them both admins before adding them and still didn't work. Ther error message that shows up is exactly "Extension 809 requires a Zoom Phone Metered, Unlimited, or Pro plan." 

Thank you in advance

Eliot

hi AhmedSoliman,
each member of the shared line group needs to have a zoom phone paid license.  zoom phone basic is not sufficient.

thanks,  eliot

Hi Eliot,

They both have paid phone licenses. There are 3 Zoom One Pros licenses on the account, 2 of which are assigned to the members. And 5 licenses for Zoom Phone US & Canada Unlimited Calling, of which 2 are assigned to them as well. If I give the license to my account, I can add myself as a member of the shared line group but doesn't work specifically with the 2 members I want to add.

Eliot

hi ahmedsoliman,

please go to admin->phone system management -> users and let me know what zoom phone licenses are assigned to each of the members of the zoom phone shared line group.

in your earlier post, i think you said that Both members have a Licensed Zoom One Pro and Zoom Phone Basic.   zoom phone basic will not work. 

zoom one pro does not include zoom phone.

Eliot_0-1708626813055.png

Plans & Pricing for Zoom One | Zoom

it is easy to mix up licenses assigned to zoom users versus licenses assigned to zoom phone users.

thanks,  eliot

Hi Eliot,

Thank you very much! This helped a lot! I was looking only at users from the User Management and not from Phone Management. Thank you again!

Eliot

my pleasure.  anytime.

eliot