cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom crashes if window minimized & hidden when phone calls end

lsloan
Listener

I'm using Zoom 5.16.2 (23409) and macOS 13.6 (22G120).  Most of my Zoom use is for video meetings, launched by links from Google Calendar.  So most of the time I keep the main Zoom window minimized and the whole app hidden.  I like to keep it that way to reduce clutter on my screen.

My employer added phone service to our Zoom accounts a few months ago.  In the past 2–3 weeks, I've started receiving more calls.  Again, to reduce screen clutter, if I will not use any Zoom functions during the calls, I minimize the window and hide the app.  That gives me screen space to use other things while I'm on the call.

It all seems fine until…  the remote party disconnects.  When that happens, Zoom plays its "call ended" sound, and then…

ZOOM CRASHES!

The next time I start Zoom, it prompts me to report the crash, which I do, every time, with a brief explanation and my email address.  I never get a response.

It's very easily reproducible.  I've done it by calling my Zoom phone number from my mobile phone to simulate receiving a call.  If I minimize the window and hide the app, then end the call on my mobile, Zoom crashes every time.

So, where do I submit a bug report about this?

--
Mr. Lance E Sloan
1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @lsloan I see you've opened a ticket with our Zoom Support team, and you have a dedicated IT team. Was your IT team able to resolve this problem? If so, would you mind sharing the solution so that if other members of the community encounter a similar problem, we can use your findings? I look forward to hearing from you! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!